Rancho front skid... too close

SJCJK

Anyone running the Rancho front diff skid with a frame mount skid system?
Just put the Rancho on and it seems too close to the Rock Hard skid... think I need to remove the Rancho.
Thoughts? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_8899.jpg IMG_8900.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Cycle the axle and see. Worst case, you could add a bump stop extension or even grind the rancho skid if it hits the rock hard bolt.

J

JKDream

Cycle the axle and see. Worst case, you could add a bump stop extension or even grind the rancho skid if it hits the rock hard bolt.

Or get rid of the goofy diff skid and get a proper cover.
Why would you want to reduce ground clearance with one of those things?

I put a skid plate on my rear pumkin because it keep scraping the very bottom and causing a small leak. Can't remember what brand I bought but it wasn't Rancho. Yes I lost some ground clearance but I know it's saved me from more hits.

J

JKDream

I put a skid plate on my rear pumkin because it keep scraping the very bottom and causing a small leak. Can't remember what brand I bought but it wasn't Rancho. Yes I lost some ground clearance but I know it's saved me from more hits.
A proper cover - or even the stock one that is ground flush with the differential won't have those issues. That only happens because the stock cover has a lip that hangs down and gets snagged on rocks. The cast housing is stronger than you'd need, and you won't break it. There's really no need for the skid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
A proper cover - or even the stock one that is ground flush with the differential won't have those issues. That only happens because the stock cover has a lip that hangs down and gets snagged on rocks. The cast housing is stronger than you'd need, and you won't break it. There's really no need for the skid.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I had mine ground down, courtesy of many different trails. No more catching.[emoji12] IMG_0118.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
This right here.
One of my Sales Manager's son run both of these and they had to do a little clearance to make them work together.

And why run one!?!
They simply work. :)

DSC02543_zps58ff9d01.jpg

DSC02542_zps130da4dc.jpg

J33P1N

I run with the rough country diff skids front n back n the fronts have taken a lot of hits n save me from leaks or damage probably. They help me slide over the rocks instead of getting hung up. I may have loss some clearance but worth it to help me on the trails. Personally I think the rancho one are better than mine since the front are covers with the sliders at same price.

Top Bottom