Fox Shocks

Thumper291

Hi all, I have a 2017 JK Willys and was wondering if installing Fox shocks would give me a better ride. I don't have an plans of lifting it right away. Just want to know if the ride would be better or the same?

Thanks
Thumper

J

JKDream

Hi all, I have a 2017 JK Willys and was wondering if installing Fox shocks would give me a better ride. I don't have an plans of lifting it right away. Just want to know if the ride would be better or the same?

Thanks
Thumper

A majority (3/4) of your ride quality actually comes from the springs.
With the said, Fox shocks are charged really high, and very stiff.
If anything the ride would become more firm than it is now.
Not sure what you're after in terms of ride quality, if it's softer I'd look at Rancho 9ks.

Robertcrav

I'd also do a chalk test on the tires and drop the air pressure...wifes Rubi had 38psi off the lot, that coupled with those bfg km's makes for a cheap ride in my opinion. We dropped hers down to 32, to keep the dash light off and it helped

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Stotch

Caught the Bug

Thanks
Thumper

It'll probably be more firm than stock, but you would get more droop and better performance off road. I've got a set of Fox Performance series coming soon. Once I get them in I can give more detail on the on road performance.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have 18/59 coils and Rubi shocks WITH 2" spaces in rear. I replaced my rear Rubi with the performance and did notice a better ride.

cone99

I just put a set of the performance on a stock 08 Rubi and I love them! Just had them out on a washboard dirt road, jeep tracked straight the whole time with no issues!!!! I might have been going a weeeee bit faster then I should have.

Desert Crawler

Fox makes a few different levels and types of shocks, so that question is pretty vague. I run their adjustable reservoir shocks which give a great ride, but I run them real soft depending on the tire. If I had to do it all over....maybe.

Top Bottom