Glenn Hepburn

Glenn Hepburn

Sorry, we haven't named our new Trailhawk Yet. Working on it.

I have a question. We have a '16 Renegade Trailhawk.

We live in an area where chains (cable chains) may be necessary to get to work in the winter. We had a 2000 RAV4 where they went on the back. Our last RAV4 was a 2015 (traded it for the Trailhawk) chains went on the front. Can anybody give me insight into which would be best on the Renegade?

I am thinking if it is in auto it would be the front and if it is in lock it would be the back. Am I right.

I appreciate any help I can get. I already have chains, just want to do it right.

Glenn Hepburn

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Sorry, we haven't named our new Trailhawk Yet. Working on it.

I have a question. We have a '16 Renegade Trailhawk.

We live in an area where chains (cable chains) may be necessary to get to work in the winter. We had a 2000 RAV4 where they went on the back. Our last RAV4 was a 2015 (traded it for the Trailhawk) chains went on the front. Can anybody give me insight into which would be best on the Renegade?

I am thinking if it is in auto it would be the front and if it is in lock it would be the back. Am I right.

I appreciate any help I can get. I already have chains, just want to do it right.

Glenn Hepburn

I'm pretty sure it's front wheel drive, until 4wd is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

This seems to say no, unless you are running 215/60r16. But, it's your Jeep, and it's in the 2016 owners manual, easily downloadable from the internet, so your choice.
a394165d97773e5b44841811fa08ea19.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Glenn Hepburn

Thanks Bob. I missed that as I was going through the manual. I have cable chains which are specifically designed for such limited clearance applications. I definitely know chains would not work. I guess my best option is to contact Jeep and ask for clarification.

Thanks again.

Glenn Hepburn

BobNH

Thanks Bob. I missed that as I was going through the manual. I have cable chains which are specifically designed for such limited clearance applications. I definitely know chains would not work. I guess my best option is to contact Jeep and ask for clarification.

Thanks again.

Glenn Hepburn
Np. I much prefer the pdf versions for searching. I have found a bunch in my manual that my old eyes missed in the paper version.
It looks like clearance is the main driver, so maybe if your cable chains are 7mm or less, try them and check clearance yourself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom