Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3s

Eroc147

Is anyone running these? Haven't really seen much about them on here or anywhere else for that matter. I have some friends that have the old style MTZs and love them. Anyone know how they are off road? I will primarily be using them on the rocks. My other consideration is the Cooper Discoverer STT Pros. I know everyone here swears by them and have seen them work well first hand. Just kind of wanted to run something different. Any opinions would be appreciated.

Spazbyt

Hooked
I have been running 35" for 20k miles on my daily. They aren't any loader then my BFG km1s that I replaced with these. They do great in the mud and snow. I hear others say they suck on ice but we had a nasty ice storm last winter here in MO and I drove all over with no problem. I haven't been on a lot of rock so I cant say much about that. They seam to be wearing pretty good or as good as a mud terrain is expected to when you daily them.

CTsan

I too have them in 35's with 18k on my DD and love them. They have done very well in snow and ice as well as off road. I think you will be very happy with them.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

WiscoHR

Mickey Thompson is a brand made by Cooper Tires. So you will find the MTZ is a very similar tire to the STT Pro. Main difference is Mickey Thompson is their premium brand so they usually come with a higher price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eroc147

Thanks everyone. I found them online for about $75 cheaper per tire than at Discount Tire so they are going to price match minus the cost of mounting, balancing, and disposal. So about $250 off. Not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom