Trying to find a specific rear bumper...

clark98ut

I was surfing the net the other day looking for rear bumpers and came across one that sat high and tight on the Jeep, with a very minimal extension from the body (maybe 2" or so). It had a scalloped receiver hitch, so when the hitch was removed, the receiver followed the contours of the bumper. I believe Poison Spyder has one similar, but it was not theirs. Anyway, I've looked all through my browser history and cannot for the life of me find it again.

Does anyone have any idea which bumper this may have been?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
EVO makes one as well, I believe they call it high and tight. I requires you to cut out the most rear frame crossmember just like to poison spyder one. You then have to weld in a new crossmember. Are you sure you want to do this? Why not just run EVO facia / D rings

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

clark98ut

EVO makes one as well, I believe they call it high and tight. I requires you to cut out the most rear frame crossmember just like to poison spyder one. You then have to weld in a new crossmember. Are you sure you want to do this? Why not just run EVO facia / D rings

Yeah, I'm definitely not interested in cutting out the crossmember. I don't believe this particular bumper required that, but I could be wrong. It was definitely not EVO either. I want to say it was a brand I'd never heard of before finding it online...definitely not one of the "big" names.

LAJK

I was surfing the net the other day looking for rear bumpers and came across one that sat high and tight on the Jeep, with a very minimal extension from the body (maybe 2" or so). It had a scalloped receiver hitch, so when the hitch was removed, the receiver followed the contours of the bumper. I believe Poison Spyder has one similar, but it was not theirs. Anyway, I've looked all through my browser history and cannot for the life of me find it again.

Does anyone have any idea which bumper this may have been?

Could it of been a VKS shorty rear bumper?

J

JKDream

Yeah, I'm definitely not interested in cutting out the crossmember. I don't believe this particular bumper required that, but I could be wrong. It was definitely not EVO either. I want to say it was a brand I'd never heard of before finding it online...definitely not one of the "big" names.
I wouldn't recommend doing so either. It's not like cutting out a crash bar, it does provide a lot of rigidity to those rear body mounts. Not to mention depending on where you live (here for example) frame modifications result in a "write off" if you ever get an inspection.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

VKS tends to make a habit out of copying EVO stuff. Always has.

That doesn't look like EVO's bumper? :confused:
The only product I see that has any resemblance is their sliders.

WJCO

Meme King
Based on what you're saying then, that must mean EVO copied Poison Spyder?

I am not aware of a Poison Spyder bumper like that, so there I am ignorant. With that being said, I was merely bringing up what I already stated about VKS having a reputation of copying designs. They do have a reputation of that. When it was posted that their bumper also requires cutting the rear crossmember like EVOs, 'copycat' was indeed the first thing that came to my mind.

TheGrendel

VKS has copied designs. Evo has copied designs. Crawler Conceptz copied designs. Etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

mastrcruse

I am not aware of a Poison Spyder bumper like that, so there I am ignorant. With that being said, I was merely bringing up what I already stated about VKS having a reputation of copying designs. They do have a reputation of that. When it was posted that their bumper also requires cutting the rear crossmember like EVOs, 'copycat' was indeed the first thing that came to my mind.

Check out both companies JK fenders (PS and Evo), I'd say they are pretty similar. As mentioned, every company has something that looks like another's.

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
VKS has copied designs. Evo has copied designs. Crawler Conceptz copied designs. Etc, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

I worked at EVO, they design their own parts. They are not a copy cat.

The engineer takes pride in what he builds.

Jeepers have been chopping frames long before the JK.

Top Bottom