Things to do In San Diego?

JKBANDIT55

Me and the GF are going to be taking a week long vacation in May to San diego!!! What are some good places to eat and visit for some fun?

She has been there once as a child. For me I have never even seen the ocean in my life. So I am very interested in the ocean side of things.

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, there are tons to see and do in San Diego. There's Sea World, the Gas Lamp district, tons of great brewries and of course, sunsets by the ocean. If there's something specific you're hoping to see, do or want to eat, let us know and I'm sure we can point you in the right direction :yup:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Actually, there are tons to see and do in San Diego. There's Sea World, the Gas Lamp district, tons of great brewries and of course, sunsets by the ocean. If there's something specific you're hoping to see, do or want to eat, let us know and I'm sure we can point you in the right direction :yup:

X2, me and the fam make it a point to make a SD trip once a month. We love Old Town San Diego and all of the different Mexican food joints to eat at and the places to see.

Do yourselves a favor and hop in the Old Town San Diego Trolley Tour. It takes you all around town including the beach and Coronado Island. You can hop off and walk around, eat and hop on another trolley every 20 minutes.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah there is a ton to do as Eddie said. There are harbor tours and Padres games also. It's probably best if you google 'what to do in San Diego' and then come back and ask us about the thins you find interesting. There is too many things to do to name them all.

X2, me and the fam make it a point to make a SD trip once a month. We love Old Town San Diego and all of the different Mexican food joints to eat at and the places to see.

lol

JKBANDIT55

Do yourselves a favor and hop in the Old Town San Diego Trolley Tour. It takes you all around town including the beach and Coronado Island. You can hop off and walk around, eat and hop on another trolley every 20 minutes.

I love me some mexican food!!! :yup:

JKBANDIT55

Yeah there is a ton to do as Eddie said. There are harbor tours and Padres games also. It's probably best if you google 'what to do in San Diego' and then come back and ask us about the thins you find interesting. There is too many things to do to name them all.

lol

We were thinking the wild animal park, sunset cliff national park, sea world, La jolla caves? We kind of want to do some more stuff that has to do with the ocean like, snorkeling and fishing and stuff like that. Then spend a day down town doing some shopping and stuff.

Im trying to convince her to let me take the Jeep out instead of flying so I can maybe find a trail to run

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
We were thinking the wild animal park

It's cool but I would recommend the zoo before the wild animal park.

, sunset cliff national park,

Defiantly a great place to see a sunset but not somewhere to spend the day.

sea world, La jolla caves?

Never been to either of those but La Jolla has the seals there. Also depending on the time of the year they have leopard sharks that you can swim with. Pretty cool thing to do. There is also Disneyland in Anaheim that is about an hour to an hour and a half away.

We kind of want to do some more stuff that has to do with the ocean like, snorkeling and fishing and stuff like that. Then spend a day down town doing some shopping and stuff.

You could take a deep sea fishing trip, there around $150 (everything included) for a 3/4 day (6am-5PM) that goes down into Mexican waters. Last time I went our group of 18 bagged well over 100 fish. Also fishing from any of the piers is free and no license is required.

Downtown is just a lot of bars and restaurants. There is a mall for shopping but I wold recommend it as maybe an afternoon into the night kid of thing. Not so much an 8AM kind of thing.

Im trying to convince her to let me take the Jeep out instead of flying so I can maybe find a trail to run

Lots of trails close (within an hour) and a lot more on your way and within a few hours (2-4 hours). If you do bring it be sure to let us know and maybe we can get something together for a quick run somewhere close.

egalv55

Lots of navy out here also a tour of the harbor has sea lions (not seals like the tours suggest) and tons of war ships

TheDuff

Speaking of La Jolla caves. I've lived in SD my whole life and only recently checked out one of the caves, it was pretty cool. Its in a store, you pay a couple bucks and walk down this interesting set of man made steps down a step tunnel. The owner told me the tunnel and stairs where made over 100yrs ago. Once at the bottom your standing on a small pier inside a natural cave, looking out the mouth at the beach. 1361254146221.jpg 1361254178120.jpg
1361254262907.jpg
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

gouacats

We had a great time on a whale sighting tour a couple of years ago, but I think that May may be the wrong season for it...we were there in late December. Can someone confirm?

07tungsten

Well, there's tons of things to do in San Diego! I would recommend hiking torrey pines. It's right on the cliffs by the ocean and very scenic. There's lot of great restaurants and I love Old Town as well (I live right up the hill from there). Go to Luche Libre for lunch and Cafe Coyote for dinner one of the nights.

Top Bottom