Oil and lift kit.

DanJK2007

Guy I bought my jeep from said he had a synthetic/regular blend. Is this normal? And should I just run synthetic regardless since it's better?

Also, been looking at different lift kits, tons of options and prices, which have you found that are best quality and best price. The current kit on my jeep is a cheap one and I want to change it asap just to be safe .

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
J

JKDream

Guy I bought my jeep from said he had a synthetic/regular blend. Is this normal? And should I just run synthetic regardless since it's better?

Also, been looking at different lift kits, tons of options and prices, which have you found that are best quality and best price. The current kit on my jeep is a cheap one and I want to change it asap just to be safe .

Either oil is fine - full synthetic just lasts longer. These aren't performance motors.

What kit do you have now? You'll get a lot of different opinions. What is your budget?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
It's a skyjacker kit. Was on the jeep when I bought it a few days ago.

If it's not causing any issues and you can tolerate the ride, I would leave it on until you get the kit you want. What's your final goal for the jeep? Any particular tire size you want in the future?

DanJK2007

If it's not causing any issues and you can tolerate the ride, I would leave it on until you get the kit you want. What's your final goal for the jeep? Any particular tire size you want in the future?

I have 35" on it currently. I just want it to be a solid vehicle. A buddy told me that lift kit was shit. So I'm just looking for a replacement. Was gonna run it till it broke before I replaced it though.

WJCO

Meme King
I have 35" on it currently. I just want it to be a solid vehicle. A buddy told me that lift kit was shit. So I'm just looking for a replacement. Was gonna run it till it broke before I replaced it though.

It's not the sharpest tool in the shed but if you feel the ride is OK, I would just keep it for now. Technically, you could run 35s with no lift if you set it up right. What size lift is it? Drop brackets there now?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Like WJCO said, if you can tolerate the ride, and you aren't having any handling problems, run it. Ride in some other people's Jeeps with different lifts, if you can. That'll help you choose, later.

DanJK2007

It's not the sharpest tool in the shed but if you feel the ride is OK, I would just keep it for now. Technically, you could run 35s with no lift if you set it up right. What size lift is it? Drop brackets there now?

It's a 3" lift. And yeah I'm brand new man. Gotta check on the other stuff

WJCO

Meme King
Skyjacker may not be the greatest, but I doubt it's going to break on you. If youre OK with it, no sense in spending extra money just to get it off the jeep. Best thing you can do as a new jeeper is drive it, enjoy it, then once the addiction pumps through your blood, there will be tons of stuff to spend your money on. Wait until you get a quadratec catalog in the mail.

DanJK2007

Skyjacker may not be the greatest, but I doubt it's going to break on you. If youre OK with it, no sense in spending extra money just to get it off the jeep. Best thing you can do as a new jeeper is drive it, enjoy it, then once the addiction pumps through your blood, there will be tons of stuff to spend your money on. Wait until you get a quadratec catalog in the mail.

Haha ok . Touché . Thanks

Top Bottom