Noisy psc pump?

jeeper52

LOSER
I started a thread a while back about a loud whine at 3500rpm. Since then I've replaced all the pulleys on the motor and I still have the whining noise. When I take the belt off all together the noise is gone. I've also noticed when I turn the wheels all the way left or right and hold it to where the wheels can't steer any further and then rev the engine up to 3500rpm the noise goes away but as soon as I let off pressure on the steering the noise comes right back. Could this be the psc pump? Has anyone else had this issue?

jeeeep

Hooked
I started a thread a while back about a loud whine at 3500rpm. Since then I've replaced all the pulleys on the motor and I still have the whining noise. When I take the belt off all together the noise is gone. I've also noticed when I turn the wheels all the way left or right and hold it to where the wheels can't steer any further and then rev the engine up to 3500rpm the noise goes away but as soon as I let off pressure on the steering the noise comes right back. Could this be the psc pump? Has anyone else had this issue?

do you have a reservoir? have you checked the fluid level and are you using the recommended fluid?

when mine got noisy the fluid level wasn't very low but I discovered a fitting used by the shop that installed the system was not PSC and it was slowly leaking and sucking in air.

with the reservoir or pump cap off - do you see air bubbles?

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Check your suction line to the pump. The big one out of the reservoir. Make sure it has no tight bends or kinks. Sounds possibly like the pump is cavitating. Also check all fittings as stated above make sure you aren't pulling air through a loose fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom