Vibrations front drive shaft.

AlStew

I pulled my front drive line to diagnose a grinding / bad bearing noise at low speeds turning driver.

I reinstalled my front driveline and now I have a lot of vibration that wasn't there before.

The drive line was off the jeep for a month. I can't remember, but I think I moved it and it came apart on accident. I could be imagining this in my head??? ...but how can you tell if both pieces are line up correctly and in "balance"

IMG_3297.JPG
Picture and it's an adams drive shaft for reference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I pulled my front drive line to diagnose a grinding / bad bearing noise at low speeds turning driver.

I reinstalled my front driveline and now I have a lot of vibration that wasn't there before.

The drive line was off the jeep for a month. I can't remember, but I think I moved it and it came apart on accident. I could be imagining this in my head??? ...but how can you tell if both pieces are line up correctly and in "balance"

View attachment 276002
Picture and it's an adams drive shaft for reference.

yeah, taking it apart and not putting it back in the same alignment will throw it off balance.

Contact Adam's and see if they have witness marks on the DS as to how they lineup.

I did the same thing when I unboxed my Coast DS, they informed me about the alignment marks.

Or you could take it to a DS shop and have them balance it.

AlStew

yeah, taking it apart and not putting it back in the same alignment will throw it off balance.

Contact Adam's and see if they have witness marks on the DS as to how they lineup.

I did the same thing when I unboxed my Coast DS, they informed me about the alignment marks.

Or you could take it to a DS shop and have them balance it.

Okay awesome, thanks for that info. I'll look at it a little closer.

AlStew

I'm assuming it did come apart and misaligned? Returning them to in line solved your problem?

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can't remember if the drive line ever came apart. It was out of the jeep for a month because of this weird grinding noise and my tcase was leaking.

Adjusted my control arms and torqued the tcase yoke and it fixed those two problems. I just remembered moving the drive shaft once in the garage. Anyways, had some crazy vibrations after reinstalling so I messed with my caster and torqued the front end and now it's better. I'm gonna have a shop look at it, because I did something incorrectly.

jesse3638

Hooked
I can't remember if the drive line ever came apart. It was out of the jeep for a month because of this weird grinding noise and my tcase was leaking.

Adjusted my control arms and torqued the tcase yoke and it fixed those two problems. I just remembered moving the drive shaft once in the garage. Anyways, had some crazy vibrations after reinstalling so I messed with my caster and torqued the front end and now it's better. I'm gonna have a shop look at it, because I did something incorrectly.

Yeah makes sense. I know if you're running much more than the stock 4.2° of caster with an after market drive shaft it can cause vibs. I think I'm at or about 4.8°.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom