sponsors?

hunterbilt

I am sure that I am not the only one curious about this, but I havent found a thread on this topic yet. How exactly do you get companies to sponsor your Jeep? Does anyone know? do you have to enter in competitions or is it more about exposure in the offroad community? I have always been curious as to how people get free/cheep parts for their rigs. whether or not i ever get to that point i would love to know how its done.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like most people who might ask this same question, your confusion comes from the fact that you actually think that people get "free/cheap parts for their rigs".

FrankenJeeper

Like most people who might ask this same question, your confusion comes from the fact that you actually think that people get "free/cheap parts for their rigs".

Exactly. No such thing as free anymore. I've learned from asking around in my area, most companies around my area give a small discount, like 10%, not a free part for sponsorship.

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlackKnight

From my time on scions. "Sponsorship" is usually just a discount on parts. Sometimes you may get a "free" part but its usually because its a prototype that they are trying out for fitment and functionality. Most of the sponcered cars are run out of someone's shop and uses the shop's industry contacts to get the connections.

Sent from my remote portal on the interwebs.

Conman

I will sponsor you!! I have a FREE stock rear bumper, a FREE stock tire carrier and so on....:D

StrizzyChris

You have to bring something of great value to the table for anyone to sponsor you in a Jeep or other product/field. All they care about is great exposure in a way that it's not already being performed. Big name companies with Jeep parts have already flooded the market/forums/shows/etc. If you know of a startup company that needs exposure, then you may be able to get discounts or sponsorship.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Indefatigable

Like alot of things, it comes down to who you know and how you can help them.

I used to know a national 4x4 magazine editor (he has since changed careers). If you had the vehicle that a company was pushing to have their -whatever- installed on, a deal could be struck. It was never for free, but usually a really good price. You had to provide the article, pictures, etc. I did a 6 page spread, several other articles, etc. Usually in trade for something. I think that something was usually promo for volunteer groups I was involved with. Literary skills is key though.

Top Bottom