Temp hot when off roading

NightFox915

Does your radiator ever turn on when off roading? I was going up on sand dunes and noticed my radiator fan going loud I was accelerating pretty hard on them it's common sense radiator would switch on but I notice my temp gauge going above a little above the normal range kinda freaked me out and I let go of the accelerator and got back to semi hard dirt again went up a rock mountain and notice temp gage was back on normal then turned it off on top of the hill with my gf enjoying the scenery lol just wondering if Jeeps have problems with stock radiators?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Does your radiator ever turn on when off roading? I was going up on sand dunes and noticed my radiator fan going loud I was accelerating pretty hard on them it's common sense radiator would switch on but I notice my temp gauge going above a little above the normal range kinda freaked me out and I let go of the accelerator and got back to semi hard dirt again went up a rock mountain and notice temp gage was back on normal then turned it off on top of the hill with my gf enjoying the scenery lol just wondering if Jeeps have problems with stock radiators?

Yes, it is normal to do that. It will fluctuate a little and the fan is doing what its suppose to do.

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure what you mean. Radiator switches on? If your high speed fan is running, and temp gauge is still rising, there's likely an issue somewhere.

NightFox915

Yeah it was I guess let me rephrase the question does your temp gauge ever go above its normal range mine is usually in the middle but that one time it moved about 1/4 Inch above the middle when I went off roading

WJCO

Meme King
Yeah I could hear the radiator running from inside the jeep while punching it the gas pedal going up hill on the sand dunes

You mean you heard the fan? I'm confused. Radiators don't make sound that I know of. If you are indeed referring to the fan, yes it is normal to hear it. After the fan comes on, the temp gauge should drop down a little and back to around 210F.

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Yeah it was I guess let me rephrase the question does your temp gauge ever go above its normal range mine is usually in the middle but that one time it moved about 1/4 Inch above the middle when I went off roading

Completely normal. If you're hard on the engine on a hot day, of course the engine is going to get a little warmer than normal. However, as long as it doesn't skyrocket up to 250+degrees, you're fine.

J

JKDream

Completely normal. If you're hard on the engine on a hot day, of course the engine is going to get a little warmer than normal. However, as long as it doesn't skyrocket up to 250+degrees, you're fine.
This. The JK has a "realtime" temperature gauge meaning the moment it starts to get hot it will indicate that. My older vehicles were either at operating temperature - or overheating. It's normal to see the gauge move, especially without a regear. Basically as long as the hot oil light doesn't come on, you're good to go.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom