Pollyfill soundbar

mikem0141

My soundbar straight up sucks, rattles on bass sounds tiny and echoes, drives me crazy I have upgraded everything in the Soundsystem to only notice the sound bar sounds worse. Has anyone Polly filled the sound bar? Any better?

J

JKDream

Yup, do it, make sure you use fill meant for audio and don't just rip open a pillow. It's fire rated. Not such an issue in sound bar vs sub box but still.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lol I did the pillow - no issues here. Sounds much better than before especially with the top off.

Rottenbelly

I put dynamat and polyfiber in sound bar and front pods. To my ears it makes a huge difference in sound quality.

Kalums

Did this on mine after my kiddos stuck a screw driver through one of the speakers. I bought the upgraded "stock" kickers poly filled the sound bar from an old pillow. Make sure to leave room around the speaker for air movement and not to touch the magnet or the electrical connections and you should be fine. I know it's not a sub but outside the jeep after doing this it sounds like a small 8" sub (maybe 150, that may just be me being hopeful too) I also updated the front tweeters (mainly because I'm half deaf and could not understand it unless I turned it way up) with the Alpine direct replacements. Made a world of difference.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom