Nitto Trail's or Toyo MT's?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Ok, so I'm going to be ordering tires this week. :eek: Pretty much set on one of these two - Nitto Trails and Toyo MT. I've owned Toyo MT's previously and liked them.

I'm running 37's...so if I go Nitto Trails, I'm looking at the 37x12.50x17's... If I go Toyo MT's I'm looking at 37x13.50x17's. I'm sort of up in the air on which to get as they are very similar in terms of pattern. I wheel in varied conditions, open desert to rocks. I had considered the nitto MUDs, but I've heard their tread life is less than the Trails. Tread life is at the top of my requirements list given that I make several long distance road trips / year. I work from home, but drive my rig daily to the gym, etc. thoughts?

I know there have been similar threads recently, but none really have helped me form an opinion as the scenarios were a bit different.

GARBO

dont know about on a jeep but my father had the toyo's on his f-350 and had nothing but problems on loose rock and mud

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I've run both and can tell you that both are excellent tires. If you have wheels with 3.5" of back spacing, I might get the Toyo's for the same reason that Adam stated but if you don't, the 13.50 width will give you some grief and rub your coil overs.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I've run both and can tell you that both are excellent tires. If you have wheels with 3.5" of back spacing, I might get the Toyo's for the same reason that Adam stated but if you don't, the 13.50 width will give you some grief and rub your coil overs.

I have 4.25 back spacing plus 1.5 spidertrax spacers. I had to add the spacers when I went coilovers. :)

cuongdyna

I have Toyo's and my friend has Nitto. We both are running evo coilovers and own rims 4.75 back space and 1.5 spacers. My friend have not taken his jeep out yet. So I can not tell you yet how we like them but for the Toyo's they are great

image-3036753292.jpg

image-4066071928.jpg

jeffj

Caught the Bug
MTG said:
Wider is better. ;)

But I love my nittos. They work great in all conditions. ddc4d

Yes you are right. I was really impressed with the nitto trail grapplers. Mud, rocks and on the road they are awesome.

FuriousDz

Ive run both as well. Both are great off-road, on pavement the toyos are "slightly" quieter if that matters to you. You really cant go wrong with either but I like the wider tire as well.:thumb:

Top Bottom