Rock lights

jkrossi

Any thoughts on rock lights and what product is best for the money? Not looking for show but looking for the actual purpose of them.

GCM 2

I have yet to use my rock lights for actual night wheeling. But they have come in handy for night wrenching sessions under the jeep in hotel parking lots during the JK Experience ;)

Skirmish

I have yet to use my rock lights for actual night wheeling. But they have come in handy for night wrenching sessions under the jeep in hotel parking lots during the JK Experience ;)

I have used mine for night runs but I agree they are great for wrenching. I run a ridiculous amount (or so MTG tells me) of led pods from XKGlow.com and love them. They run around $7 a piece or they have a 10 pod kit designed for rock lights for around $50. They are small, bright and come with angled mounts and double sides tape to easily mount them off the frame rails.

I have 8 under, 9 forward on the fenders and bumper, 3 rear and 4 red for bumper accents. I also have 6 red in the cab for map lights. I've been told it looks like a spaceship when they are all lit up but I can crawl with no other lights on to blind a spotter or the rig ahead. The guys following like it cause they can see the trail from my light.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361227647.215181.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361227700.510572.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361227834.867306.jpg

Skirmish

Couple more pics

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361228103.853364.jpg
Oh yeah, I have two amber for side marker lights. They fit on the little rail under the fender.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361228146.190352.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361228206.477088.jpg

Skirmish

Thanks man, I love them. I own the night! ;) Here's a little video I did when I only had around 8 under and no excessive lights. Please excuse my old lift, it was squeaky. It starts with just head lights and the rock lights come on at 5 sec.

http://youtu.be/g33j5w8-FWY

jkrossi

Thanks man, I love them. I own the night! ;) Here's a little video I did when I only had around 8 under and no excessive lights. Please excuse my old lift, it was squeaky. It starts with just head lights and the rock lights come on at 5 sec.

That lift should have came with a life time supply of W-D lol. That is nice and bright tho!!

FoxC

You should see Skirmish coming down the trail behind you at night through a tight wash. It looks like a "close encounter of the third kind" hovering up behind you!:rock:

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug

ROALMFAO.... :cheesy: You mean you break down or are you looking for the plastic shot glass to fill it with :honey: again. Be honest!

FoxC

I went a little more simple since I'm not too savvy with the electro side of things. I took the factory fogs and mounted them on the back side of the crash bar behind the bumper angled down and slightly back. Works great.
IMG_2713 (640x427).jpg IMG_2712 (640x427).jpg

FoxC

Skirmish and Foxc where do you hit the trail? Southern CA?

Southern Nevada. Around the Vegas valley. Lots of good wheelin and all of it is within an hour drive. Great area! Come out and join us some time...:yup:

Trail JK

Any thoughts on rock lights and what product is best for the money? Not looking for show but looking for the actual purpose of them.

I use the Walmart lights from the Project-JK write up. They work great and you can't beat the price. :thumb:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I too use the walmart lights, rockburners I believe they are called. I have never really used them for night wheeling but I did turn them on on the sunset pancake rock run.:cheesy:

Top Bottom