give me some tips for sand off roading.

tkkim

I'm planning to go Imperial sand dunes recreation area this week for photo shooting.

but I don't have any experience about sand wheeling.

my jku lifted 2.5' with 34' nitto trail grappler.

so give me some tips.. (tire psi, and driving skills. anything that I have to care about.. )

StrizzyChris

Dont slow down or stop on the crest, or top, of a dune. That is certain to get u turtled!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

GCM 2

Same guidance as everyone else and If you have an automatic transmission, turn the overdrive off and manually shift through your gears. And prior to reaching the top of a dune.......lift off the throttle ;)

Attachments

• image-2506237611.jpg
    image-2506237611.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 148

TheDuff

You gotta learn to read the dunes. If you don't know what's on the other side its best to start to turn just before you crest. That way you can either get on top if its flat or avoid going over if it a razor back or witch's eye. Look up some dune buggy or even quad videos on you tube, there is plenty of stuff to watch so you can get the idea of how to navigate the dunes. Of course its best if you are fallowing some one experienced, but you should still get as much knowledge as you can in case something happens. All the normal recovery gear is a must. A pull pal would be a plus, as well as some traction ramps. Kinetic rope wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

dahoover5866

I have 12.5" wide tires they're awesome in sand! Don't slow down worst case scenario is u mess up ur alignment or something simple but at least u won't look like a tool with the best off road vehicle ever stuck axle deep in sand.

Hoovicon via Wayalife

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Same guidance as everyone else and If you have an automatic transmission, turn the overdrive off and manually shift through your gears. And prior to reaching the top of a dune.......lift off the throttle ;)

Or this will happen! Yee-Haa!!:eek:

Trail JK

I'm planning to go Imperial sand dunes recreation area this week for photo shooting.

but I don't have any experience about sand wheeling.

my jku lifted 2.5' with 34' nitto trail grappler.

so give me some tips.. (tire psi, and driving skills. anything that I have to care about.. )

Sand dunes freak me out! I mean melt down. Lol not my fav.. Yes I'm a girl about it. Have fun!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail JK

Sand dunes freak me out! I mean melt down. Lol not my fav.. Yes I'm a girl about it. Have fun!

Oh and keep your cooler tied down good. Drinks went flying.

Chiromancer

And here kids is why grammar is important... It should read, "And....... LIFT OFF! THE THROTTLE!!!!!!!!!!"

Lots of extra words, superfluous information and a lack of yelling in the original. By separating it into two complete sentences, you get the impression it was done on purpose as well of a feel of excitement from the new pentastar's 270 horses!

Top Bottom