Info on 16" or 17" wheels

anthony_jk

So I'm planning on getting a new set of wheels for my jk unlimited.

What is suggested with a 4" Rough Country lift?

I've always wanted to run 16" wheels with 35" tires but in a previous post it was mentioned not to go with the 16 as they can cause problems...:idontknow: and also that 35" might look small on a 4" lift. Thats the last thing i want after spending this kind of dough.

So my question is 16s and 35s, 17s and 37s or 18s and 37s???

Cheers:beer:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'd have to agree that you'll find a much bigger selection of tires with a set of 17" wheels.

StrizzyChris

I've always wanted to run 16" wheels with 35" tires but in a previous post it was mentioned not to go with the 16 as they can cause problems...:idontknow: and also that 35" might look small on a 4" lift. Thats the last thing i want after spending this kind of dough.

X3 on the 17's. 16's will only "cause problems" if you are running aftermarket HD tie rods which can be offset and not clear the wheel. In the US 17's have greater choices in tires, Africa and India is where you'll want 16's lol. Tons of people are running 35's on 17's and they look and perform well! Crap a stock Sahara runs 32's on 18's(18" tires are expensive and fewer choices though)!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

anthony_jk

Thanks All,
So i'm now looking at 17s.

I want my jeep to sit wide on the road. is it better to get wider mags? or wheel spacers?

If it's the mags, how wide are the stock wheels and how wides do you think i should go?

Really appreciate the help guys!:thumb:

Tackerdown

Banned
uploadfromtaptalk1361239200200.jpg
Procomp 17" 4.75 offset I think they were 9.5 wide. With 35/12.5/17 procomp extreme all trains . Just so you have an idea what it will look like he also has a rough country 4" lift but hates the shocks and is going to replace them.
Oh and I think you can get away with a 4.5 offset on the wheels.
C.O.D.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks All,
So i'm now looking at 17s.

I want my jeep to sit wide on the road. is it better to get wider mags? or wheel spacers?

If it's the mags, how wide are the stock wheels and how wides do you think i should go?

Really appreciate the help guys!:thumb:

All the factory 17" and 18" wheels are 7.5" wide with 6.25" of back spacing. If you still with them, you will need to run 1.5" wheel spacers.

moparnation

Right now I'm running proconp 7069 16x8 with 4" backspace and 35's. Has worked so far and had no problems

sent from my talkitty box

Attachments

• 1361398924469.jpg
    1361398924469.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 53

GetOut

Had 35s with 16s on a 4 inch lift and it looked extremely small. Tried to go to 37s with 16s and you have about 4 tire choices, stick with 17s, there are so many more options

Top Bottom