Weird tire wear. Any ideas?

Eroc147

So happened to notice this on the inside of my passenger tire. It’s a pretty steep angle. Pressure is good, not wearing on the outside. Drivers tire is good on both sides. I rotate about every 4000 miles and has only been about 1500 since my last and other tires all look normal. Ball joints seem good on both sides. Cs look straight. Any ideas? Top two pics are of passenger, bottom is driver. Thanks.
IMG_1954.jpg IMG_1955.jpg IMG_1956.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Only thing that can cause that kind of wear is negative camber. Measure it with an angle finder and compare it to the LF angle. If you do have a camber problem on the RF, check unit bearing or ball joints for play. If they're tight, it's likely a bent axle.

jeeeep

Hooked
Only thing that can cause that kind of wear is negative camber. Measure it with an angle finder and compare it to the LF angle. If you do have a camber problem on the RF, check unit bearing or ball joints for play. If they're tight, it's likely a bent axle.

this ^^^^

lower ball joints on the JK seem to wear out faster than any other Jeep I've owned.

Personally, I've found with the larger tires I can't tell as well as I can with the wheels off if the hubs or ball joints are worn out.

Need to use a good pry bar and keep a hand on the ball joint to feel for vertical movement, found this to be easier to do with 2 people.

Could be an age/weight thing, everything that requires getting on the ground seems to be getting harder to do! :cheesy:

Top Bottom