Front track bar into 2.5 aev lift bumpsteer

bloodmice

So I have had a 2.5 aev in my 2dr jk for over a year. Eventually the bushings on the stock front track bar went and it was time for a replacement. Found a RK front track bar on Craigslist, picked it up immediately. After install, straight to bumpsteer. Under acceleration the wheel will turn left, and under braking the jeep will go right.

Got a newish drag link, ball joints, one wheel bearing and tires

Any help or insight is appreciated

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

i have replaced the steering stabilizer, but that was a long time ago.... works perfectly fine now
Yeah, but you still had to move it over to the new tie rod... Just suggesting that the bracket may not have gotten located properly.

Other things to check related to tie rod would be proper torque, proper length (measure toe). I'm assuming the rod ends/bushings are in good shape since it's new.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

J

JKDream

Yeah, but you still had to move it over to the new tie rod... Just suggesting that the bracket may not have gotten located properly.

Other things to check related to tie rod would be proper torque, proper length (measure toe). I'm assuming the rod ends/bushings are in good shape since it's new.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I think you misread the original post. He's having issues after installing a new track bar not tie rod.

WJCO

Meme King
Your issue doesn't sound like bump steer nor does it sound related to the front track bar. I would make sure it is completely tight including the large jam nut. But your symptom sounds more like one of your rear lower control arms has a shot bushing. When you accelerate or brake, the rear axle is changing the thrust angle causing the jeep to pull.

If you have a video camera you can put on a tripod in your driveway, film each rear bushing. If you keep your left foot on the brake, put vehicle in drive, rev the engine with your right foot. Do the same in reverse. Then park it. And go check the footage. If bushing has play, you'll see it in the video. This wouldn't be able to be done with a manual transmission.

I would say check all of your control arms, but it's likely the rear. Maybe the issue has been there the whole time but wasn't as easily detected with your OEM worn out track bar bushings.

Top Bottom