On board air mount options

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Trying to get some ideas on the best on board air mounting options. Not just for the compressor but for the quick connects.

I'd like to have at least two Connections on either side of the jeep, preferably four so I can air up all four tires at once.

Anybody else doing anything similar? Can you post pics of your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Trying to get some ideas on the best on board air mounting options. Not just for the compressor but for the quick connects.

I'd like to have at least two Connections on either side of the jeep, preferably four so I can air up all four tires at once.

Anybody else doing anything similar? Can you post pics of your setup?

Asking a compressor to air up 4 tires at once, even a twin, may be asking a lot out of it. Two maybe but 4?

I used a Carolina Metal Masters front passenger seat mount. I made a small bracket and mounted the locker solenoids there as well as the outlet for airing up. I use a $20 coiled hose from home depot and just throw it out the rear doors on either side to air up. Having remote connections on either side would be pretty cool though.

Asking a compressor to air up 4 tires at once, even a twin, may be asking a lot out of it. Two maybe but 4?

It will take the same amount of time as airing up 4 tires separately. The compressor operates at whatever CFM it operates at regardless of how many hoses you hook up to it. Although I don't see the point of having that many attachment points, you just sick of carrying around a long hose?

zimm

Caught the Bug

I used a Carolina Metal Masters front passenger seat mount. I made a small bracket and mounted the locker solenoids there as well as the outlet for airing up. I use a $20 coiled hose from home depot and just throw it out the rear doors on either side to air up. Having remote connections on either side would be pretty cool though.

Same here. CMM bracket. Instead of the slinky looking hose, I got a lightweight blue plastic 25' hose that coils up nice and sits on top of the bracket. I throw it out either the passenger or drivers door and it reaches all the tires. I made a short pigtail from braided AN-6 hose to the QD fitting.

This pic is before the pigtail, but you can see how I store the hose.

View attachment 278035

Here's the pigtail:

View attachment 278036

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I have a buddy who does it this way. The advantage isn't airing up faster but rather all 4 tires being exactly the same pressure. You don't really save any time doing it this way.

He has fittings on either side of the jeep under the seats then has a T fitting to go to each tire. The hose setup on this is a bit cumbersome so I was thinking of having 4 fittings with shorter cables. This would theoretically pack up nicer and still accomplish what I want.

It's a lot of extra work for very little gain. Plus having to carry 4 hoses instead of 1. They make multi tire inflator hoses that may be easier if that's all you're trying to accomplish is equal pressure.

Top Bottom