Delphi box and psc questions.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So the replacement box I got is a Delphi from autozone. Has anyone gotten one? The steering seems a little stiff. (Not a bad thing) but I didn’t flush the system nor did I use a bleeder. I Let it idle for able 10 min to let it run through and turn my wheels as much as I could. wasn’t able to cycle my steering on until I got back into flat ground.

Now question on psc hydro. I see theirs multiple kits for a Jk. So theirs a kit for stock 44 without a box and one with a box. Is it better to spend the $500 and get the kit that’s 2k with a box? I’ve watched a couple videos on the install. Doesn’t seem to bad. Bud do you still have to cut oem hoses to fit on the an fittings?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

So the replacement box I got is a Delphi from autozone. Has anyone gotten one? The steering seems a little stiff. (Not a bad thing) but I didn’t flush the system nor did I use a bleeder. I Let it idle for able 10 min to let it run through and turn my wheels as much as I could. wasn’t able to cycle my steering on until I got back into flat ground.

Now question on psc hydro. I see theirs multiple kits for a Jk. So theirs a kit for stock 44 without a box and one with a box. Is it better to spend the $500 and get the kit that’s 2k with a box? I’ve watched a couple videos on the install. Doesn’t seem to bad. Bud do you still have to cut oem hoses to fit on the an fittings?

It depends if you're comfortable drilling the box in the proper locations. If you don't - you essentially have a paperweight. The box they provide is the factory box just ported so there isn't really a difference at the end of the day.
I'm not too sure about the lines, someone else will have to chime in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
It depends if you're comfortable drilling the box in the proper locations. If you don't - you essentially have a paperweight. You do need to cut the factory lines to fit - or replace them with PSC's lines. The box they provide is the factory box just ported so there isn't really a difference at the end of the day.

Even with the box psc provides I still have to cut factory lines, right? Does the machined silver part where the ports are fit a normal box?

J

JKDream

Even with the box psc provides I still have to cut factory lines, right? Does the machined silver part where the ports are fit a normal box?

I edited my post - I'm actually not 100% sure on that so to not give you misinformation I'll have to let someone else chime in.

J

JKDream

No worries. Too bad they couldn’t provide the ported section in the kit. But have seen two different housings pulled a part.

I read the install instructions and it looks like you do cut the factory lines and install their barbed fittings. Drilling the box isn't too bad, you can find templates online for the Delphi and Chinese boxes. Hardest part is keeping the shavings out of the box lol

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I read the install instructions and it looks like you do cut the factory lines and install their barbed fittings. Drilling the box isn't too bad, you can find templates online for the Delphi and Chinese boxes. Hardest part is keeping the shavings out of the box lol

I’ll probably end up doing the 2k kit with the rapper box. And try and recover some cash from my box. Rather do a pr60 before hydro though.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
On the cheaper one, you actually send your box in to psc and they will drill and port it for you then send it back. The more expensive one is just a brand new box that’s already ported and ready for install

zimm

Caught the Bug
The only factory line I cut is the "return line" going from the steering box to the reservoir. I cut one of the short rubber sections and used the double barb fitting to run the return line to the cooler, then on to the reservoir. Then I cut the old hard line up into several sections to remove it.

PSC box isn't just ported, they have a whole new aluminum section that has the ports in it.

I'm super glad I bought an new pitman arm ($30) and had it on standby during the install. I couldn't get my stock pitman arm off, even renting the oversized truck puller from auto zone. Instead I loosened the drag link and it popped off first as I was hammering the snot out of the pitman arm. So I put the new arm on, and done.

Hydro assist won't stop a sector shaft break, but it sure does take the stress off that shaft and the drag link and applies it to the tie rod instead.

View attachment 278253

Last edited:
Top Bottom