Aux tank

feederic

What are some options to mount an auxiliary tank? I'd prefer not to have to mod my exhaust or sway bars like with the gen right tank.

EDIT: I have a 2016 JKUR

Last edited:

Brute

Hooked
I have an sux tank in my Brute...but my extra wheelbase allows for an undercarriage fuel tank placement with a transfer pump to the main tank... the only place I can think to put one on a four door JK would be in the cargo area in the back...that's why everyone carries extra fuel in rotopax's or Titan/AEV fuel carrier behind the spare on the tire carrier

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have a Titan fuel trekker that works well. Technically it is a fuel carrier and not a fuel tank; it's not plumbed into the Jeep and you have to siphon fuel from it into the tank.

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you dump the stock muffler, maybe you can strap a fuel cell under there? Just a random thought. Then again, that could cause the whole ford pinto issue....

Ddays

Hooked
If you dump the stock muffler, maybe you can strap a fuel cell under there? Just a random thought. Then again, that could cause the whole ford pinto issue....

It'd be pretty tough to fit an aux tank there. There is a large indentation that is the little cargo cubby you access from the cargo area right where the tank would sit. I was going to place an aux tranny cooler there but its pretty much a no go too.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug

This is what I'm planning on doing eventually but it would need to be a custom tank. You're not going to get a fuel cell in there

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I’ll be adding a supercharger next year, and just want to buy some time in between gas station fills. It’s already 2-3 a week for me.

Lol why are you buying a supercharger? Save your money and don’t buy the six tank, you’ll need your money to fix the problems from your supercharger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe you should buy a daily driver, like an old Honda or Toyota car, if you drive that many miles a week.

Kinda what I was thinking. You could pick up one used for less than the cost of a useless supercharger and aux tank that will just add a ton of weight on the rear of a Jeep. Between it and all the gear our friend Ken was carrying, I'd have to say that it contributed to him rolling his 2-door 4 times on the interstate when he lost his rear wheel.

Top Bottom