Help! My Jeep drives like an old wood cart

cyberil

Hi please can you help

I'm hoping someone can help me on here. I live in the UK and have had my 2 door 2011 JK for the last 7 years and driven around 70,000 miles on it. I have a 2 1/2 Terraflex lift with additional hockey puck spacers (1/2 in at front and 1 1/2 in at rear due to sagging springs) and 35" tires.

The Jeep drives like utter garbage, and is bordering on dangerous. I'm thinking of selling it. The steering is very vague, I run 35's but it all used to be OK but has got more vague over time. Last month I had new heavy duty front ball joints (upper and lower) installed on the front and 2 new front axle shafts thinking this would help things. It didn't really help. I then took the Jeep in for the tracking and 2 garages found the front track arm seized. I'm just really not sure what I need as I want to get the steering back to how it was (not necessarily how it was when stock). I'm on a budget as I'm getting married soon and parts in the UK are 50% more expensive. I've been told I need a new adjustable front track bar to do the tracking properly (this was fixed temporarily by pointing the wheels in but after 2 weeks its back to the same old wandering down the highway), I've also been told adjustable upper and lower track arms , steering shock (I have Fox all round) and springs (I have Teraflex) but I'm not certain this is necessary, as right now budget dictates as I and I'd like to order the jL in a couple of months.

I hoping that someone who really knows their stuff can really help me. BTW this is my daily driver and is mostly used on the highway, and England has lots of windy roads and roundabouts (circles) to navigate :shock:

Thanks

Paul

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Replace your coils. They are garbage. You didn’t say what you had for shocks but I would imagine they are blown if you have never changed them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I wonder how many people sell Jeeps because of the ride quality of some lifts. I know a guy with a Rusty’s lift, that is selling his, because he can’t stand the ride.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
What is the castor on the front alignment? I'm thinking you want adjustable or at least longer fixed lower front control arms to get your castor in the 4-5 degree range. Get some new coil springs and ditch the pucks. New shocks. Evo leveling kit or rancho.

Top Bottom