Shock advice

metalic

Running Rock Krawler springs and originally Bilstein 5100 until I bent a shaft on one of the rears. Threw on a set of RC shocks a buddy had and I'm shopping. I would love to go to EVO bolt on C/O but living in Midwest weather and type of wheeling we have I just can't justify it. I would like to be able to go a lil faster on some backroads and the trip to the dunes when we make it. Would King 2.0 and King bumps do what I want?

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jonathanbottoms

You might benefit from reaching out to the guys at Accutune Off-road. They've got a lot of really good info out about JK specific shock tuning & also sell bumps. I'll be ordering some Fox 2.0s from them as soon as I come across some extra money.. good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

schnauzer

A word of advice that can keep your hard earned money in your pocket.

Most of us will never run a JK hard enough to cause the performance characteristics of a high quality shock like a king 2.0 jk specific non reservoir shock to degrade.

I've run them in combination with sumo springs progressive bumps with awesome results.

The only reason i don't run the kings anymore is because i own a small 4x4 shop and i received a set of falcon non reservoirs for cost.

So far the falcons ride very similar to king 2.0's i actually like them a lot only time will tell whether they hold up as well as the kings.

now if your looking for adjustability that's a different story, personally i like to tweak things too much and if owned a set of adjustable's i would probably be constantly adjusting them to the point of frustration.

fyi air bumps can be a pia to get set up right

i've had good results with speed bumps and the sumo springs i'm running now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You might benefit from reaching out to the guys at Accutune Off-road. They've got a lot of really good info out about JK specific shock tuning & also sell bumps. I'll be ordering some Fox 2.0s from them as soon as I come across some extra money.. good luck!

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Who? I’ve never heard of that company before. Why would he not reach out to king if he wants king shocks?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

metalic

Most of us will never run a JK hard enough to cause the performance characteristics of a high quality shock like a king 2.0 jk specific non reservoir shock to degrade.

I've run them in combination with sumo springs progressive bumps with awesome results.

The only reason i don't run the kings anymore is because i own a small 4x4 shop and i received a set of falcon non reservoirs for cost.

So far the falcons ride very similar to king 2.0's i actually like them a lot only time will tell whether they hold up as well as the kings.

now if your looking for adjustability that's a different story, personally i like to tweak things too much and if owned a set of adjustable's i would probably be constantly adjusting them to the point of frustration.

That was my thought.
I don't plan to drive hard and fast for long periods. We head to Badlands in Indiana a few times a year and when I try to climb the sand dunes I start bouncing and would like to be able to stay in it for the fun of it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I can only assume you skipped over them when you signed up on the forum but I do need to point out that it's technically against our rules for vendors and shops to participate on here unless you're an advertisers. I know you were just trying to help but in the future, I would appreciate if you'd leave your occupation out of conversations here. Thank you.

jeeeep

Hooked

The only reason i don't run the kings anymore is because i own a small 4x4 shop and i received a set of falcon non reservoirs for cost.][So far the falcons ride very similar to king 2.0's i actually like them a lot only time will tell whether they hold up as well as the kings.

So...the only reason you don't run Kings is because you're a reseller pitching Terraflex shocks you get for cost?

IMO you saying they ride very similar to is the same as saying eat snake, tastes like chicken.

your post sounds like you just became a TF vendor and trying to pitch your best profit margin product. Your OCD for adjusting has nothing to do well...with anything but maybe an infomercial

Sumo Springs, I've run them... they fell apart with all the bumps, crawling and overall a good year of trail use. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who plans to hit the trails often.

I'd go with King or Fox speed bumps if you plan to be on the trails often. if mostly street, I'd stick with stock. Save your money, sumo springs not worth it IMO

Last edited:

schnauzer

I can only assume you skipped over them when you signed up on the forum but I do need to point out that it's technically against our rules for vendors and shops to participate on here unless you're an advertisers. I know you were just trying to help but in the future, I would appreciate if you'd leave your occupation out of conversations here. Thank you.

I meant no disrespect, thank you and will do.

For the record I have no intention of ever being involved in online sales, don't have a site, facebook page etc. I am an electrical engineer by trade.

I do have a small shop in which I and a few other close friends operate out of thats it.

schnauzer

So...the only reason you don't run Kings is because you're a reseller pitching Terraflex shocks you get for cost?

IMO you saying they ride very similar to is the same as saying eat snake, tastes like chicken.

your post sounds like you just became a TF vendor and trying to pitch your best profit margin product. Your OCD for adjusting has nothing to do well...with anything but maybe an infomercial

Sumo Springs, I've run them... they fell apart with all the bumps, crawling and overall a good year of trail use. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone who plans to hit the trails often.

I'd go with King or Fox speed bumps if you plan to be on the trails often. if mostly street, I'd stick with stock. Save your money, sumo springs not worth it IMO

I've had good luck with the sumo springs so far, do you have pics of the failure so I know what to look for?

Thanks

Top Bottom