Speed Sensor Codes

Untamed Mainer

Hi All,

I'm having some speed sensor issues with my Jeep and need some help. I have a 2013 JK, 2.5" lift on 35's. One day the abs and traction control lights started coming on, then stayed on. Nothing seemed off with the Jeep, then about 2 weeks later the check engine light came on. It drove fine for a day, then started having shifting issues, getting stuck in 3rd gear, then 2nd. Seems like it's in limp mode. We tried resetting the pcm but nothing changed. We trailered it to a garage and they gave us these codes:

U1409 LF wheel sensor
U140C RR wheel sensor
P0501 speed sensor "A" range/performance
C100A LF sensor
C102B RR sensor

I'm a bit confused about why all of these sensors suddenly failed and why. I'm wondering if there is something else going on that isn't related to the speed sensors at all. We dropped the tire pressure so it would drive smoother on the roads around here and the tire pressure warning comes up for every tire except the RR. When we did the lift and tires we did not recalibrate the odometer- could this cause any of these problems? I'm not sure how to proceed because I don't want to replace all of the speed sensors only to find out it's a different issue.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Angela

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Your Jeep’s computer thinks all of the sensors are bad because it isn’t reprogrammed for the bigger tire size.

An AEV procal is a fairly simple and inexpensive programmer that you can get.

Keep in mind that you need to measure your tire size with a measuring tape. Do not go off of the size on the tire.

jeeeep

Hooked
Your Jeep’s computer thinks all of the sensors are bad because it isn’t reprogrammed for the bigger tire size.

An AEV procal is a fairly simple and inexpensive programmer that you can get.

Keep in mind that you need to measure your tire size with a measuring tape. Do not go off of the size on the tire.

this^^^

measure your tires from the ground up to the center of the hub then double it-that's the tire size to input for calibration.

There are several GPS aps you can use that show your actual speed versus what's showing on your speedometer.

make the adjustments until the speedo matches the GPS speed

Untamed Mainer

Ah, thank you both, I will try that and hope it fixes the issues! Any idea why the sensors didn't trip when we first changed tire size? It's been about 8 months now that I've been running the 35's but this only happened recently.

Top Bottom