Thoughts on a potential CJ7 buy....

tgutierrez

I've got this wild idea of building a crawler out of an old Jeep. Been looking around and found a 1976 CJ7 for $2500.00. AMC 304, 3 Speed Manual Transmission, 410 gears, front and rear lockrite lockers, DANA 30 up front, AMC 20 in the rear..."solid jeep but needs work". I am kinda stepping into this idea blind. I am not the mechanic i wish i was and i don't know much about parts for a jeep that's 40 yrs old...what do you all think? Hell maybe the seller might be part of this community!

cj7.jpg

cj7 2.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I don't know what 'needs work' but honestly if it runs and isn't too rusty, I would drop 2500 on that for a side project.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Everything always "needs work"but it looks like it's set up fairly well. It's not going to run the Baja 1000 but sounds like it's a good starting point for a good price... Especially being locked front and rear. And agreed with WJCO....as long as it drives and isn't to rusty it sounds like a good buy

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgutierrez

Thank you for the wise words gents. I haven’t seen it in person but the pictures show a promising one. Also noticed another rig next to it which leads me to believe this is a serious and dedicated jeep owner. That’s always a big plus! Thanks again!

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
17hav1.jpg

Top Bottom