How often do you grease your JK

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on if you have components that even allow greasing and if so, how much you take your Jeep off road. If you have joints that allow greasing and you do off road a lot and do a lot of water crossings, it wouldn't hurt to give them a squirt every oil change. Otherwise, you can get by for thousands of miles before needing a greasing.

BlackKnight

On a Stock Jeep, is there a maintance manual, or online documentation that mentions all the grease point locations? I've yet to see one of the Chilton's manuals or others come out for any of the JK's they stopped with the previous generation...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On a Stock Jeep, is there a maintance manual, or online documentation that mentions all the grease point locations? I've yet to see one of the Chilton's manuals or others come out for any of the JK's they stopped with the previous generation...

There are no grease points on a stock JK.

BlackKnight

There are no grease points on a stock JK.

OK, Thx Eddie. I've been doing all my own maintance (fluids etc) and have been trying to figure out if anything needed greasing for a while with no results. Clearly the reason for no results was as you said, they don't need it...

Guascone

Depends on if you have components that even allow greasing and if so, how much you take your Jeep off road. If you have joints that allow greasing and you do off road a lot and do a lot of water crossings, it wouldn't hurt to give them a squirt every oil change. Otherwise, you can get by for thousands of miles before needing a greasing.

Thanks for the feedback!
I have the front EVO control arm (EVO enforcer ki)and aftermarket driveshaft. Both are brand new but unfortunatelly I take my JK offroad not enought..:(

What kind of grease should I use? Can I use the same for driveshaft and control arms?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the feedback!
I have the front EVO control arm (EVO enforcer ki)and aftermarket driveshaft. Both are brand new but unfortunatelly I take my JK offroad not enought..:(

What kind of grease should I use? Can I use the same for driveshaft and control arms?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Curious about this as well. Mu buddy just bought a TJ and I was gonna help him do a once over to make sure everything is good.

BobNH

I had good luck using Lucas Marine Grease. Or at least, no bad luck. I hated the way the red stuff separated. Even the quality stuff did, and leaked out of the gun all the time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
For the Rock Krawler Kits

This is what's recommended for Rock Krawler kits..

The Pro Series Krawler Joints, Pro Flex Joints, Anti-Wobble Joints and Pro Disconnect Joints are greaseable.
They come pre-greased from the factory. The grease valley is machined into the housings. We require Triple
Zero (000) grade grease for lubrication of all our joints. They will not take a lot of grease nor do they need a
lot of grease. Approximately every 4 to 6 months under normal operating conditions they should be greased.
This is condition and use dependent so please use common sense. Over lubrication or using the incorrect
grade of grease can do damage to the joints and hydraulically displace the race way material causing a sloppy
joint condition.

TonyViv

I had good luck using Lucas Marine Grease. Or at least, no bad luck. I hated the way the red stuff separated. Even the quality stuff did, and leaked out of the gun all the time.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had the same problem... what worked for me was to take the tension off the rod... I pulled and locked it back and it didn't separate any more

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Maintenance is key! Don’t slack on greasing your control arms like I did. Also watch out for deer lol
IMG_8268.jpg
As a result I blew out 3 out of the 4 joints on my evo front lower arms.

Top Bottom