Does this look right?

MurderedJK

Had an interesting grey diff fluid color so I pulled the cover off. Everything looked clean and good order. I did notice these shims sort of poking out. Not sure if this is normal or not. Advice?

Image1507325710.361369.jpg Image1507325724.349211.jpg Image1507325749.742219.jpg Image1507325767.012152.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Shouldn't be like that. You may be able to tap them in with a punch and hammer without pulling the cap. They really aren't hurting anything like that unless they're rubbing on the axle shafts when the shafts turn.

When you're tapping on them, they should be very difficult to move. If they are going in easy and falling back out, likely the carrier bearing preload wasn't setup properly.

MurderedJK

Shouldn't be like that. You may be able to tap them in with a punch and hammer without pulling the cap. They really aren't hurting anything like that unless they're rubbing on the axle shafts when the shafts turn.

When you're tapping on them, they should be very difficult to move. If they are going in easy and falling back out, likely the carrier bearing preload wasn't setup properly.

Thanks. I was thinking of tapping them in just wasn’t too sure. I’ll give that a shot. They were installed by Northridge 4X4 here in WA a few years ago.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Agreed with WJCO.... Save that picture and take it to them and see what they say. Even though it was a few years ago I would hope to hell they would honor and fix that. That should not look like that nor should it move like that.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
The only thing I wil say is with those shims being out of place and the carrier being put under load, it will cause a small bit of deflection... I don't know how much but they aren't sitting where there he should be and there's no reason they should ever move out. unless they just weren't installed correctly to begin with.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

MurderedJK

Yeah I doubt it would be covered but I’ll give them a call. I’m sure these shims maybe responsible for my grey colored fluid. Maybe rubbing on the axles.

Top Bottom