Life's too short...do what you love!

StrizzyChris

Not Jeepers, but clearly lovers of the world, nature, and the great outdoors!
News: Round the World Cyclists Killed in Tragic Accident

We're sad to report that Peter Root and Mary Thompson from the popular round-the-world cycling trip Two on Four Wheels, have tragically died in an road accident in Thailand. The couple, who started their adventure in Guernsey in the Channel Islands in July 2011, had successfully ridden their bicycles more than half-way around the world on two bicycles over the course of less than two years. The trip, which also had a significant following on Facebook and Twitter, was very popular with bike packers, overlanders, and those who simply looked to live vicariously through Peter and Mary as they travelled the world together.

Truck driver, 25-year-old Worapong Sangkhawat, who was also seriously injured in the crash which left the experienced cyclists dead, faces charges of causing death by dangerous driving. He apparently told police that he was reaching down to pick up a cap that had fallen onto the floor of his truck when he struck the cyclists. Sangkhawat has been released on bail and awaits trial, the maximum penalty for this crime in Thailand is 10 years in jail.

I believe I speak on behalf of the entire Expedition Portal community in saying that we all offer our sincerest condolences to the families of Peter and Mary.

http://www.twoonfourwheels.com/

Photo: Associated Press/Jerry Root

Chairokey

Life is short indeed. I'm sitting at the dealership as we speak trading in my jeep for 2 more doors. The wife and I are loading up what we can fit and heading all the way north from west Texas to anchorage Alaska. We decided life is to short to not be happy where you live. It's just a short time until I can walk out side and see those mountains..

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Life is short indeed. I'm sitting at the dealership as we speak trading in my jeep for 2 more doors. The wife and I are loading up what we can fit and heading all the way north from west Texas to anchorage Alaska. We decided life is to short to not be happy where you live. It's just a short time until I can walk out side and see those mountains..

Seriously? That is awesome!

gtony12

Caught the Bug

Wow, good for you. Enjoy your life..... this one's for you! :beer: :standing wave:
!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Absolutely. We're both nearing 30 and have no kids. This could be our last chance to do something crazy :) thanks for the support!

I envy you for that. I have been trying to change careers for a while now and do something totally different but it just hasn't worked out yet.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Never too old. My wife and i changed it up about 5 years ago and are planning to do it again. Very sad about that couple but at least they were doing what they love. You can't take your money but you can take your memories with you.

Top Bottom