Need help with my front passenger seat 2007 harness

aTX427

Hey guys, I'm working on a seat swap and may have given an important connector away when I traded seats with a guy. Can someone please help identify this connector a decision what it goes to? I believe it is specific to the 2007 and is a short gray pig tail next to the seat mounted seat belt connector with two wires; a solid purple and a white with orange stripe.

Image1507481107.828331.jpg

Image1507481154.557058.jpg

Image1507481243.313143.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's been a while but if I recall, it might be for the sensor that tells whether or not someone is sitting in the seat. This will signal the seat belt light/chime if there is and the belt is not connected.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Some cars have sensors for the front passenger seat that turns off the passenger air bag if there's no one in the seat. Maybe it's that.

TRLJNKY

Here is a pic of it connected as long as I got the right one. Colors seem right
20171008_153235.jpg

Alright Alright Alright

aTX427

It's been a while but if I recall, it might be for the sensor that tells whether or not someone is sitting in the seat. This will signal the seat belt light/chime if there is and the belt is not connected.

I just found a picture of the sensor in question from your Mastercraft write up. :thumbs

View attachment 279018

I just looked under my seat and its the connector that goes to the p/s seat track

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Cav, do you need a subscription to access those schematics?

Here is a pic of it connected as long as I got the right one. Colors seem right
View attachment 279021
Alright Alright Alright

Yes, that is the one. Based on Eddie's write up, it looks like the bracket was riveted to the seat and it's now gone for good. Are you by chance able to read the part number. I believe it is 05084008AA, but want to verify.

Last edited:

aTX427

Does anyone know if I will have issues other than warning lights, e.g., computer overrides, limp mode, etc., if I was to completely eliminate the everything past the main harness under the seats? on a 2007, it's under the passenger seat. I understand it is not recommended, safe, legal, along with issues related to state safety inspections, etc., but for sake of discussion, can it be done or does anyone know of a tuner / program or harness builder that can make me a delete module? I would like to clean out all of those harnesses and install a custom set of brackets, suspension seats and 5-pt harnesses.

Last edited:

aTX427

Does anyone know if I will have issues other than warning lights, e.g., computer overrides, limp mode, etc., if I was to completely eliminate the everything past the main harness under the seats? on a 2007, it's under the passenger seat. I understand the legal / safety issues this presents, along with issues related to state safety inspections, etc., but for sake of discussion, can it be done or does anyone know of a tuner / program or harness builder that can make me a delete module? I would like to remove all that clutter and install custom seat mounts with suspension seats and 5-pt harnesses.

Screen Shot 2017-10-08 at 10.46.00 PM.jpg

The main connector is just below center right of the screen.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
There are a few things that will happen

1) your seat belt light and chime will be on all the time. U can override chime and even jumper the wires so the seatbelts think they are always connected.

2) more important your airbag light will be on and your airbags will not work. The seat track position sensor and pretensioners being unhooked will cause this.

3) 2007 is a weird year for the passenger seat detection. There are 4 weight sensors that are under the passenger seat mount. One at each bolt. Oo nly 2007 has this, 08+ all have a pressure pad in seat you can move over. If you do not use the factory mount you cannot use the sensors. You could measure the resistance on them and jumper in a resistor so the jk thinks someone is in the seat and the airbags would work assuming u fix #2.

I personally wouldn't want my airbags not working and the airbag light on but that's me.

The plug you are wondering about plugs right in to the seat track position sensor. Just buy a new sensor plug it in and zip tie it to the track on the new seat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

TRLJNKY

I just found a picture of the sensor in question from your Mastercraft write up. :thumbs

Cav, do you need a subscription to access those schematics?

Yes, that is the one. Based on Eddie's write up, it looks like the bracket was riveted to the seat and it's now gone for good. Are you by chance able to read the part number. I believe it is 05084008AA, but want to verify.

I couldnt get to the numbers without pulling the seat but I see the same thing when I look it up. Same part #, position sensor, less than $20(ish)

Yes. Annual is $20 and 5yr is $35. I use the hell out of this site for multiple vehicles and type of repairs. Very happy with it. Will even explain how that sensor works.

Alright Alright Alright

Last edited:

aTX427

There are a few things that will happen

1) your seat belt light and chime will be on all the time. U can override chime and even jumper the wires so the seatbelts think they are always connected.

2) more important your airbag light will be on and your airbags will not work. The seat track position sensor and pretensioners being unhooked will cause this.

3) 2007 is a weird year for the passenger seat detection. There are 4 weight sensors that are under the passenger seat mount. One at each bolt. Oo nly 2007 has this, 08+ all have a pressure pad in seat you can move over. If you do not use the factory mount you cannot use the sensors. You could measure the resistance on them and jumper in a resistor so the jk thinks someone is in the seat and the airbags would work assuming u fix #2.

I personally wouldn't want my airbags not working and the airbag light on but that's me.

The plug you are wondering about plugs right in to the seat track position sensor. Just buy a new sensor plug it in and zip tie it to the track on the new seat.

Shoot - not what I wanted to hear, but very informative. Are there professional tuners who can flash my ECU to delete the airbags or could I buy a 2008 ECO, so I can use the pressure pad? I would like to have airbags function as OEM, but don't really care if they are disabled at the software level.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Shoot - not what I wanted to hear, but very informative. Are there professional tuners who can flash my ECU to delete the airbags or could I buy a 2008 ECO, so I can use the pressure pad? I would like to have airbags function as OEM, but don't really care if they are disabled at the software level.
Not that I know of. Most tuners stay away from safety items for liability. You could probably sit in your seat and see what the resistance reading is out of the sensors and then solder in resistor of the same value. I believe the 2007s are simply on/off airbag wise based on if someone is in the seat or not. They aren't multistage where the effort varies based on weight like some.

Disclaimer: If you so choose to do that you are on your own, informational purposes only :)

Last edited:

TheGrendel

this passed week i ran out to my hunting lease to get away from everything and i was driving our busted up f150 around. i got to thinking about the takata airbar recall and was wondering at what point is it smart to just remove all the airbags from a vehicle. these things obviously degrade and turn into danger items not safety items.

Top Bottom