New led lights

Jeepjku1991!

Hey guys! I just installed some new led headlights on my jk. They came with anti flicker harnesses for both lights. After the lights have been on for about 4 minutes, my high beam on the driver side starts to flicker and buzz but it doesn't when the low beams are on. Any thoughts what it could be. Possible bad harness or bad light unit? Thanks in advance for any help. I have a video but can't figure out how to post.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

Hey, welcome! Stop by the Give Us a Wave section and tell us about you and your Jeep.

For the lights - I'd return them. Too much hassle. If you're sure all the connections are good, there isnt much else to do is there?

RocknJK

I’m running Xprites also I didn’t have you exact issue but noticed they had poor connection to the factory headlight plugs. So bad simply touching them would cause them to loose connection. You might want to check yours. If it is this I came up with a fix. I disassembled the plug and soldered the pins on both sides to make them thicker. This makes a much better and secure connection. Haven’t had a issue sense. Here’s a picture of the pins after I soldered them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_0337.JPG

Jeepjku1991!

I’m running Xprites also I didn’t have you exact issue but noticed they had poor connection to the factory headlight plugs. So bad simply touching them would cause them to loose connection. You might want to check yours. If it is this I came up with a fix. I disassembled the plug and soldered the pins on both sides to make them thicker. This makes a much better and secure connection. Haven’t had a issue sense. Here’s a picture of the pins after I soldered them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app View attachment 279603

Thanks. I can move my wires all around and don't seem to have any issues. I got new anti flicker harnesses but it's doing the same thing. The capacitor in there is really buzzing too

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

Swap them for something quality like Truck Lites. Problem solved.

Why would you skimp out on lighting, considering it is one of the most vital parts of your night time driving safety?

zimm

Caught the Bug
They knock off JW speaker's design and are only 1/3rd the cost. How can you go wrong? :thinking:

longarmwj

They knock off JW speaker's design and are only 1/3rd the cost. How can you go wrong? :thinking:

1/3 the cost probably means 1/3 the quality. I've never seen those lights personally so I wouldn't know, but I would imagine they're simply cheap china knockoffs.

Lighting is one thing I will not skimp out on, hence my Truck Lite recommendation.

Top Bottom