Steering Help

USA2dr

Hey, looking for some help with my steering.
I drive a 2014 jk 2 door with a rubicon express 3.5 inch lift and 35 inch tires. It has driven well for a while but now as I increase the severity of trails and abuse I put on the rig my steering seems to be a bit more loose, and flighty. When hitting bumps it seems to just shake for a quick second and come back. Shops have been telling me it is a steering stabilizer issue however I know that they tend to simply cover a problem. Any Ideas of what could be causing these issues. I have already blown out two steering stabilizers btw.

Would something like a drag link flip help, possible longer control arms because it is a two door?

Apologize if the question has been asked, Im still just trying to learn. I am young and dumb (17).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, sounds like you’ve got death wobble and your steering stabilizers have just been masking it. Check your track bar bolts to make sure they’re tightened to torque spec. Also, check your ball joints as they’re more than likely bad.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

USA2dr

Honestly, sounds like you’ve got death wobble and your steering stabilizers have just been masking it. Check your track bar bolts to make sure they’re tightened to torque spec. Also, check your ball joints as they’re more than likely bad.

Thanks for the quick reply, Ill start looking into. Thank you

Top Bottom