Evo rock skins?

hebbron08

Well I was out on the trail an I hit a rock I mean battle scars are nice but I want to know if it will affect the future mounting of evo rock skins ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361319284.381513.jpg
It's right in front of the rear passenger fender and Starts about half an inch above the pinch seem on my 2dr JK
Any help would be much appreciated along with photos of your evo rock skins

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jhires

Since it looks like it is bulging out a bit, I'd guess you would need to hammer in the bulge or the skins won't fit tightly and leave gaps around it if you try to force it. At very least, rattle can the bare metal.

hebbron08

Yeah I already painted it up to prevent any lying of rust but I was just think if there are any nutserts that you be placed there for the skin

GCM 2

Nah, should not be anything a dead blow hammer can't fix. If you are doing the install yourself, it will be apparent if it needs to be smoothed out, if a shop is doing the install they will probably tap it flat for you. My black on black paint/armor doesn't show the fit too well, but Off Road Evolution just so happened to post this pic of a red four door that you might be able to get an idea of how the fit looks

Attachments

• image-2013563802.jpg
    image-2013563802.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 97

hebbron08

I am going to be doing the work myself. I just thought that a nutsert hole would be in the area of the dent but looks to me that is not going to be a problem. It might just hide nicely behind the skin. Thanks for photo reference.

STXJEEPER

MTG

Caught the Bug
Well I was out on the trail an I hit a rock I mean battle scars are nice but I want to know if it will affect the future mounting of evo rock skins View attachment 16384
It's right in front of the rear passenger fender and Starts about half an inch above the pinch seem on my 2dr JK
Any help would be much appreciated along with photos of your evo rock skins

That looks to be on the bottom portion that folds back under the jeep. To my recollection there are not any nutserts there, except for maybe at the very ends.

hebbron08

Oh ok thanks for the info!!! :) Looks like I'm ordering them a lot sooner then expected can't wait for them to come in!!! I guess it's just gets me one step closer to my dream build!!!

STXJEEPER

Top Bottom