Traction control and ABS

Today when trying to go from a complete stop at a red light my traction control turned on and robbed all power to the wheels. I limped over to the side of the road and when I sat there for a second the light went off and I was able to go like normal. I thought there must have been oil or something in the road as there was an accident off to the side. But at the next light it did the same thing and when I turned off the traction control the ABS light came on. My steering wheel is straight and I don't need alignment. Is this my clock spring? Is there anything else that could cause it? I'm about 2 hours away from home and will have my daily commute tomorrow.

Awesome. Thank you. I'll track that down. I forgot to say it's a 2016 JkU Rubicon in case that makes a difference. On the way home all of the lights had cleared and we drove in town traffic for probably 20 minutes before it started again. From North Anna Maria Island to the Interstate in Ellington. It did the same thing at the light. I noticed this time that the Hill Desent icon was flashing on the cluster too. I turned Traction Control off and went to get on the interstate to head home. At the top of the ramp the Check Engine light came on and I lost power. I pulled over and came to a stop. The engine was still running so I turned it off to try and check the code. I couldn't get it to give me a code using the key trick and the info system. It also wouldn't give me the code when I got home. It started back up fine and I was able to drive home with no other incidents other than the Cruise Control not working. My wife has the day off so she is going to take it to the dealer to have them check it out since it is still under warranty.

Top Bottom