What a way to end my day stupid uber driver

rogerk93

So on my way home from a Jeep show a uber driver decided to turn into a parking lot from the opposite side of traffic, he had a passenger in the back sitting of his crv on the passenger side. She was just about 13 years old and if I would hit them straight on I would have deff hit her with my stinger. So last second when I realized i couldn’t stop and I was going to hit I turned my Jeep to avoid hitting the door directly and hit the center of the crv and this is the outcome. The sector shaft snapped in half assuming when the front wheel hit his front door. IMG_3037.jpg IMG_3039.jpg IMG_3050.jpg IMG_3045.jpg IMG_3054.jpg IMG_3057.jpg
IMG_3062.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

LittleJohn05

You did file an accident report? Most states there is a monetary amount to where a report has to be filed, and I’m pretty sure the damage there meets the requirements. These days I’d say always file a report.

rogerk93

You did file an accident report? Most states there is a monetary amount to where a report has to be filed, and I’m pretty sure the damage there meets the requirements. These days I’d say always file a report.

Yea a report was filled, especially with the guy refusing to give me any information I had to call the cops for them to get the information for me.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but working with uber a lot in the pst few years, get a lawyer, they bury this shit real fast and write a check faster than you would inagine

There’s also a lot of areas that if you are using a personal vehicle for commercial use you have to have special insurance. Such as pizza boy on delivery, insurance does not cover you while using it for work purposes. Glad you didn’t impale anyone with the stinger, good work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that totally sucks! Glad to hear nobody was hurt and I hope you're able to get your Jeep fixed without too much trouble.

rogerk93

Thanks everyone, I was just glad that kid wasn’t hurt for the drivers stupidity. He even stated and I made sure the cops knew that he thought “he can beat me”. He even knew he was at total fault.

rogerk93

So after taking a further look at my Jeep the front of the frame where the bumper mounts is bent upward, the passenger side lower control mount on the frame bent and twisted back, fender needs to be painted, and the body near the hood has a scratch. Not a simple fix waiting for insurance to take a look at it to see what they say.

WJIN4LO

Glad to hear everyone is ok!

This is what worries me about my stinger, the thought of hitting a small car and plowing right through them and being sued in some way.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom