Exhaust Question

critter812

Hey all,

Question this last weekend I decided to destroy my exhaust while out wheeling i knew it would happen eventually but my question is this.

Has anyone just removed the factory muffler and just run with the resonator? will it damage anything?

exhuast2.jpg
exhuast1.jpg

RUBEERCON

You can, very unpleasant sound in my opinion. Youtube some jk pentastar exhaust clips. On the 4dr you can run a muffler inline before the rear axle and run your tailpipe over the axle. Others have tucked a flowmaster type muffler with heavy casing in the stock location with a shorter tailpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

Shouldn't damage anything but it will probably sound like shit.

Confirmed - sounds like shit. Did this to a friends when I was installing my Dynomax.
It lasted a day without the muffler. Drone was horrid.

critter812

Any recommendations on crawler exhausts? for now just going to run without muffler until i find what I want. that one was so bent to hell i could not keep it on if I wanted to!

J

JKDream

Any recommendations on crawler exhausts? for now just going to run without muffler until i find what I want. that one was so bent to hell i could not keep it on if I wanted to!

I have the Ultra Flo that dumps before the rear axle and I'm really happy with it. Not overly loud. Was under $200 CAD from Amazon.
The Quiet Crawler is nice as well - essentially the same thing just toned down a bit more.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hey all,

Question this last weekend I decided to destroy my exhaust while out wheeling i knew it would happen eventually but my question is this.

Has anyone just removed the factory muffler and just run with the resonator? will it damage anything?

View attachment 279916
View attachment 279917

It wont damage anything but sounds horrid IMO. here is a quick youtube search. I would have posted WAYALIFE's video when he pulled the factory muffler from Rubicat, but couldn't find it quickly...

Last edited:
Top Bottom