PCM programmer question

mijku

I finally sold my 08 JKUR and bought a 16 JKUR. The new jeep appears to have a 3.5" AEV lift on it and 35" tires. I am guessing the guy got a procal with the lift and adjusted for the larger tires but not very accurately. I am now trying to decide if i buy a procal or flashcal to dial in the tire size and adjust the tpms. My question is, am i screwed because i dont have the original programmer and need the dealer to reset pcm or can i just plug in a procal or flashcal and be fine?

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I finally sold my 08 JKUR and bought a 16 JKUR. The new jeep appears to have a 3.5" AEV lift on it and 35" tires. I am guessing the guy got a procal with the lift and adjusted for the larger tires but not very accurately. I am now trying to decide if i buy a procal or flashcal to dial in the tire size and adjust the tpms. My question is, am i screwed because i dont have the original programmer and need the dealer to reset pcm or can i just plug in a procal or flashcal and be fine?

I would contact AEV or Superchips and ask them.

jeffd

Not sure about flashcal but if he did indeed used a procal you are fine. Just buy a new procal and you can reprogram it. The procal is married to the VIN but the VIN is not married to an individual procal if that makes sense.

mijku

Makes sense and that is what i was hoping for. The dumb thing is I had a flashpaq for my 08. Then bought an AEV lift that came with a procal. Because i had the flashpaq i gave the procal to a friend. Hind sight, i should of just put it on the shelf.

Top Bottom