LOD Destroyer Rock rails

TheGrendel

Anyone have any experience running these? Wonder if the steps make it weak in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

i don't like how they attach to the body mounts. i know someone on another forum already messed stuff up because Lod gave him wrong torque specs on the bolts. compressed his body mounts completely and twisted the body enough to screw with his door gaps.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
i don't like how they attach to the body mounts. i know someone on another forum already messed stuff up because Lod gave him wrong torque specs on the bolts. compressed his body mounts completely and twisted the body enough to screw with his door gaps.

Sounds like that may have been an install issue. Interested to see how these hold up on the rocks. Planning to do Mottino Wash and there's a line that requires pivoting on the sliders to make a clean run.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

He's probably talking about the ones that are a rocker skin/slider.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Oh right, it's been so long that I forgot about those. I didn't want anything to do with that style after I saw photos of body damage. Regardless of the manufacturer.

Maybe boatsides are better, but I couldn't speak to that. Happy with the way my frame mounted performs, but if you need a step they won't work for you.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom