Help with brakes

mallavoider

Hello to everyone. Brake pads have a strange wear on the outside. When I push in the brake I get a strong squealing noise. Which it continues after I realize the brake. This happens up to 40 mph speed.
I recently had my D44 front housing straightened. At the same time I had them sleeved and my C gusset. The noise started as I brought home from the shop. Called them up and they said it was the dust shield on my rotors.

Today I purchased new pads and replaced them along with the retaining clips. Took it for a test spin and....same result.

I am running 37” tires.

Looking to see if any of you had experienced something like this and/or any thoughts.

I checked all the torque specs on the caliper retainer bolts 126lbs IMG_4097.jpg IMG_4110.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeeep

Hooked
like they said, check the dust shield on the rotors- it's the large metal disc behind the rotor.

there should be about 1/8" gap but the ends will get bent in if its been taken off

madstiles

Is the old pad worn unevenly? Also did you use anti-sqeal lube or grease on contact points? Grab a flashlight and look for shiny spots on dust shield which would indicate it's rubbing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

mallavoider

The pads were pretty even. In fact only 35K on the car and pads. Yes I did, probably too much LOL. I’ll check now for spots. Thank you.

jeeeep

Hooked
can you recreate it if you have someone press on the brakes then release them while you hand spin the tire?

did you check the rear brakes? noise travels - I was sure I had a bad front brake pad, turned out to be the passenger rear

Andy5160

Hooked
I would go back and let the shop figure it out, after all issue started after they worked on the jeep so let them stand behind their work.
It is just me!!

mallavoider

can you recreate it if you have someone press on the brakes then release them while you hand spin the tire?

did you check the rear brakes? noise travels - I was sure I had a bad front brake pad, turned out to be the passenger rear

I cannot recreate it by hand. No I did not checked the rear breaks. Good idea. I’ll check them tomorrow

mallavoider

I would go back and let the shop figure it out, after all issue started after they worked on the jeep so let them stand behind their work.
It is just me!!

You are right about that. It is just annoying and frustrating driving around with a Jeep that “sounds” like its falling apart.

mallavoider

That picture with the pad shim broken off the rivet....Is that the new pad or old pad?

That’s the old pad. It looks like here was movement inside the brake caliper. Which is odd because the retaining clips were not distorted or anything like that. I’m really hitting a wall here. Thank you for the help tho.

WJCO

Meme King
I’m sorry are you referring to this thread? As in take this problem elsewhere? Or you to focus on other issues and let them deal with the problem.

I think he's saying that rather that letting this issue frustrate you, take it back to the shop that did the work to take the burden off of you. Let them deal with it.

mallavoider

I think he's saying that rather that letting this issue frustrate you, take it back to the shop that did the work to take the burden off of you. Let them deal with it.

Sorry then. My bad. I misread the tone. I apologize for coming out as a dick. I should ban myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mallavoider

Finally spoke with the shop that did the work and they have agreed to tak the Jeep back and fix the issue. Once I will find out what it is I will update the thread. Hopefully it can be helpful for someone else. Cheers and thank you for the advices left

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom