Anyone done Evo Spec King Shock Rebuild

TheGrendel

If so, where did you order your parts? Evo says they don't do rebuilds but did recommend a place I could send them.

But, has anyone done there own?

What parts kit do I need?

How about adding an the compression adjusters?

I picked these up used from a forum member. I want to clean them up and rebuild them before they go on instead of having to pull them 10K miles down the road.

Thanks.

Wethy

Im pretty sure Off road evolution does rebuilds of the kings. I think they use another name along the lines of "service my shocks" as far as parts needed to do yourself i cant help with that. Im sure another member will chime in as well

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

i just read where adding the compression adjusters to existing shocks isn't worth it.

but, i watched a video on rebuilding and seems pretty simple.

jeeeep

Hooked
i just read where adding the compression adjusters to existing shocks isn't worth it.

but, i watched a video on rebuilding and seems pretty simple.

I called King and they also told me it wouldn't be worth it to add the compression adjuster, it can be done but it's expensive.

TheGrendel

I tried reaching them numerous times with phone and email - they never responded to either.

Poly Performance sells rebuild seal kits and parts including the oil.

The shims you reuse, keep them stacked in the order you take them out. unless you want to change the ride then you can order a shim kit

yea, i just need to make sure i order the right seal kit.

JAGS

Hooked
You can send them in to ORE. Call and ask for Drew. Always helpful for me. They completely rebuilt mine about 2-3 months ago.

Eddie also had a thread about rebuilding theDTD shocks. Granted different, but I think there is a few things you need that he noted in that thread.

Unfortunately I couldn't find it in search on my phone. Maybe you can track it down and another can find and post link.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I was planning on rebuilding my coilovers before I ended up trading them, but I learned a lot from just watching videos. I was going to order the parts from filthy motorsports who was helpful with a few emails on what I would need. From what I can tell from taking apart a spare coilover, it should be really easy if you have the seals and oil needed. The biggest thing stopping me was not wanting to commit to a nitrogen fill kit yet.

I found a guy locally who rebuilds shocks however so when the time comes for the new kings, I will prolly just go to him. I would call around and see if there is anyone in your area for that.

TheGrendel

You can send them in to ORE. Call and ask for Drew. Always helpful for me. They completely rebuilt mine about 2-3 months ago.

Eddie also had a thread about rebuilding theDTD shocks. Granted different, but I think there is a few things you need that he noted in that thread.

Unfortunately I couldn't find it in search on my phone. Maybe you can track it down and another can find and post link.

i found eddie's thread but unless i skipped over it, he just changed the rod ends and refilled the nitrogen. didn't do the seals and oil, etc.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

Hey friend! I just have few questions. How much money did they charge per shock? About how many miles did you get on your coil-overs before deciding to have them rebuilt? What indications were there that you needed to get them done?

JAGS

Hooked
i found eddie's thread but unless i skipped over it, he just changed the rod ends and refilled the nitrogen. didn't do the seals and oil, etc.

Maybe I'm combining a few threads?? In any case the nitro is a piece I knew he mentioned. Not many people have nitro tanks laying around and know how recharge shocks. Others have posted about the kits.

Hey friend! I just have few questions. How much money did they charge per shock? About how many miles did you get on your coil-overs before deciding to have them rebuilt? What indications were there that you needed to get them done?

I just have the Kings 2.5s. Had 47k on them and that was way too miles. I didn't even notice how bad they were till I had them rebuilt.

Rayford85

I just talked to Evo yesterday, and my new to me coilovers are shipping out tomorrow to Evo to be rebuilt. That charge $150 a shock and there a 72 hour turnaround on them. King can do it too but the turn around is about 3 weeks

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
I just talked to Evo yesterday, and my new to me coilovers are shipping out tomorrow to Evo to be rebuilt. That charge $150 a shock and there a 72 hour turnaround on them. King can do it too but the turn around is about 3 weeks

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm pretty certain you reached Off Road Evolution and not EVO MFG. just in case others come across this thread. They should be calling the ORE Shop which is a separate business. [emoji106]

Top Bottom