Buying used 2014 Rubicon. How to check electronic sway bar disconnects, etc

Fmj2003

Looking at a used 2014 rubicon unlimited with 30k miles. It's been off roaded but looks in good shape. New to rubicon's but not wranglers. Just mainly curious how to tell if the electronic sway bar disconnect is functioning. When i press the button I could hear the motor running for a second but that's it. The light flashes and eventually turns solid. Any other advice on what to look for would be appreciated.
Thanks

BaddestCross

Sounds like they're working, but you may have to drive a bit for them to actually release. Push a front corner up and down with them locked and then again when they're unlocked and you should feel a noticeable difference.

x2 on the locker test. 👍

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I would check the lockers as well.
Sounds like the sway bar is working, try rocking the Jeep as mentioned.
Also look on the undercarriage to see how bad it’s scuffed up, that’ll tell you how hard it might have been wheeled.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fmj2003

Thanks for the replies. I took the advice and checked everything. 4Low, lockers and sway bar disconnects worked. Now a proud owner of a 2014 JKU Rubicon. Has a AEV 2.5" lift and 35's might add a heavy duty track bar next.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the replies. I took the advice and checked everything. 4Low, lockers and sway bar disconnects worked. Now a proud owner of a 2014 JKU Rubicon. Has a AEV 2.5" lift and 35's might add a heavy duty track bar next.
Congrats on the new Jeep!👋Post some pics of your new baby?

JKbrick

Congrats, do a lot of reading here first, it will save you money. Such as stock track bars are perfectly fine

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Agreed, the lights of the lockers and sway bar flash then solid for locked/discoed. They also flash until unlocked/connected.
If you didn't get one, and even if you did, download the owners manual in pdf.
Congrats on the purchase!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom