New Teraflex 1.5” lift for Renegade

shaggy151

I was looking on the Teraflex website and see that they now have a lift for the Renegade. It looks like a well thought out kit. Has anyone else on here seen it? I had been looking at getting the Daystar kit but now this is probably gonna be my choice.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks alright but I don’t trust teraflex as far as I can throw it into the garbage pile. I would still get the daystar kit imo

JeepJeep75

Three, and now four people are telling you, don’t. Spend so time looking at all the TerrorFlex broken parts issues. TF makes excellent advertisement videos, but that’s where the effort stops. Go with the Daystar kit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

longarmwj

I would cover myself in chocolate syrup and lay in a fire ant pile before I would run a TerrorFlex lift on anything I own.

My brothers will be getting Daystar, or Dobinsons if they release a BU suspension system.

Mowry67

american trail products makes a 2in lift

I was looking on the Teraflex website and see that they now have a lift for the Renegade. It looks like a well thought out kit. Has anyone else on here seen it? I had been looking at getting the Daystar kit but now this is probably gonna be my choice.

American Trail Products makes a 2in lift for the renegade.its all aircraft grade aluminium not hard plastic or galvinized steel. fyi

Roadsick

Teraflex 1.5" Lifted Renegade TH

I installed the Teraflex 1.5" lift on my 16 TH without any real issues and so far so good from what I can tell. I was able to align the front camber and toe but not the caster. I probably just have to clock the struts some more. However, since caster isn't going to ruin my tires I probable won't go through the butt pain of clocking them again. As for the rear, camber and toe are good as well. I had to pull the top of the rear struts further outward then the instruction say to do initially when installing them in order to get the camber in specs. But that is a none issue since the instruction later say that what I did may be required in order to set the camber. Furthermore, nothing about the kit seems flimsy or easily breakable. I would recommend this kit to a friend. One more of thing of note; I went with Teraflix because after days of reading how Daystar and ATP kits fail a proper alignment regardless of what the companies claim, I simply didn't want the headache. Teraflix will actual align if you follow the installation instructions.

Just remember, the instructions do not say to remove the gas tank skid plates. Do yourself a favor and remove them - 3 bolts for each plate. You'll save yourself a headache trying to install the trailing arm brackets.

WJCO

Meme King
I installed the Teraflex 1.5" lift on my 16 TH without any real issues and so far so good from what I can tell. I was able to align the front camber and toe but not the caster. I probably just have to clock the struts some more. However, since caster isn't going to ruin my tires I probable won't go through the butt pain of clocking them again. As for the rear, camber and toe are good as well. I had to pull the top of the rear struts further outward then the instruction say to do initially when installing them in order to get the camber in specs. But that is a none issue since the instruction later say that what I did may be required in order to set the camber. Furthermore, nothing about the kit seems flimsy or easily breakable. I would recommend this kit to a friend. One more of thing of note; I went with Teraflix because after days of reading how Daystar and ATP kits fail a proper alignment regardless of what the companies claim, I simply didn't want the headache. Teraflix will actual align if you follow the installation instructions.

Just remember, the instructions do not say to remove the gas tank skid plates. Do yourself a favor and remove them - 3 bolts for each plate. You'll save yourself a headache trying to install the trailing arm brackets.

Welcome to Wayalife.

hamiltonj2w1

There has been more issues with the Daystar kit than the Teraflex kit. There has been recalls on the daystar kit due to some of the parts not being completely welded and cracking I believe they did a recall on their kit as well. Only issue I have had with the Teraflex kit was noisy swaybar endlinks so now we just run them disconnected.

Roadsick

There has been more issues with the Daystar kit than the Teraflex kit. There has been recalls on the daystar kit due to some of the parts not being completely welded and cracking I believe they did a recall on their kit as well. Only issue I have had with the Teraflex kit was noisy swaybar endlinks so now we just run them disconnected.

Noisy endlinks are the only issue I’ve experienced as well. The noise se can be very alarming if you don’t expect to hear it. So I called Teraflex to see if I did something wrong during the installation and they instructed me to disconnect them in order to see if they were the cause my noise problem. Lo and behold, the noise stopped. So I run mine disconnected also and I have not experienced any issues or problems since. However, I do remain mindful during accelerated turns.

NOTE: A word of advice and my disclaimer, in short, your sway bar is supposed to apply downward pressure to the outside wheel during quick / sharp turns in order to keep the vehicle upright. Hence it stops sway and rollovers. So be careful if you disconnect the endlinks and I am not responsible anything that happens or is the result of you doing so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom