Sliders and Skins

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Can someone tell me the purpose for rocker skins if you have sliders? I want to get my ducks in a row before I start pulling the trigger on parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can someone tell me the purpose for rocker skins if you have sliders? I want to get my ducks in a row before I start pulling the trigger on parts.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Help protect the body more for if rocks or something else slides between the slider, if the body rocks and hits the slider, overall body protection.

Ddays

Hooked
The skins saved my fender last trip out to Rausch - I was trying to climb up a ledge and dislodged a big ass rock that fell back into my fender right where the skin was. Steve was guiding me at the time (from the look on his face when the rock came loose :eek: I thought I was going backwards) so they can actually help a lot.

One thing I did with my skins when I installed was upgrade to stainless nutserts. They are a little pricey but along with rtv and painting the holes you drilled, its one more step to help control corrosion.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I don't run the skins. Aside from light scratches from my shoes, all is well, and I've been in some big rocks.

Here's me doing a slider work out on Prichett Canyon, Moab last week.

https://flic.kr/p/ZFq2pG

WJCO

Meme King
I don't run the skins. Aside from light scratches from my shoes, all is well, and I've been in some big rocks.

Here's me doing a slider work out on Prichett Canyon, Moab last week.

https://flic.kr/p/ZFq2pG

Sorry to hijack, but what Hilift mount is that? I may build on my new carrier and may just buy one and weld it on.

desertrunner

Depends on the sliders you choose, the rubi rails don't give you much separation from the rocks, pic 1 lead to pic 2 haha you can see where the rock scraped the skins right by the passenger rear door. I will say though I did have some rusting in the holes when I lived in CO. now on my second jeep I put these on I made sure to coat the holes real good with touch up paint and I used red locktight on the rivets

1016706_3280310942976_283726898_n.jpeg

17516_3280313063029_1864902933_n.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
he must have ment at the time the guy in blue stepped into the frame. kinda like the smudge mark to blur stuff out.

Dang little brother wrecking the shot. The rails did take a hit, but it's a lame obstacle. I just happened to have the vid handy. Running up "chewy" in pritchett canyon was another story... but of course I don't have footage.

If you look at this pic and zoom in on the rail you can see where the paint is scraped. That's what happens on every trip and some spray paint fixes it up. Point being is nothing has ever touched the body through the rails.

The genright rear bumper lost it's powder coating too.

View attachment 280798

Last edited:
Top Bottom