Hello from Arlington, TX

redbeardedrob

Hi everyone! My name is Rob and I just purchased my first 2017 Jeep Wrangler! My wife also owns a 2017 Jeep Cherokee also.

I'm super excited about the Jeep and the new life it has in store for me. I've owned it for 3 days and I've already been nodded and waved to by other Wrangler owners, it's truly a whole new wayalife.. haha, had to fit that in.

I've got a Manual Transmission White Rubicon. It doesn't have painted fenders & the hardtop isn't painted either to give an idea of what it looks like until I post a pic up. It's got some chunky BF Goodrich M/T's on stock Rubi wheels. This past weekend has been gorgeous so I've been rocking the Alpine 6.1 with some of my favorite 90's rock with the front 2 panels off.

I'll be looking to add a lift, bigger tires, soft top, and rear bumper in the next few months. I need some time to recoop from the purchase, plus bonus time and whatnot is right around the corner. So if anyone has some good suggestions, I'd be more than happy to listen. Here's what I'm thinking so far:

Tires - Open Country MT 35x12.50r17 (4.5in backspacing or -12mm offset)
Wheels - Fuel Beast D564
Lift - AEV 2.5" lift with Mono-tube shocks

Anyone using this stuff now? Any thoughts that either solidify my choice or would have alternate suggestions?

All this is coming from lurking in other forums trying to get educated on Wranglers so 1) I would purchase the right Jeep for me, and 2) see what others are doing for inspiration on finding the look I want (while maintaining Jeep's ability off-road).

I'm probably throwing too much out here for a first time post, sorry.. Just super excited and can't wait to get some add-ons and get on a trail. I've never been trail riding (in a Jeep). I've done some ATV'ing up in the Colorado Mountains while on vacation, but that's about it.

I hope we get to chat, I want to learn and meet people.

Thank you for reading! Here's to a new Wayalife!!

Rob
Pantego, TX
CST

Top Bottom