PDA

View Full Version : Rancho high clearance steering knuckles install video

Rancho
10-25-2017, 03:26 PM
Follow along as we install a set of our heavy duty high clearance knuckles.
These help get steering components up and out of the way.
Help maintain correct steering geometry too!
:beer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhGPfmStS88&t=5s

WJCO
10-25-2017, 03:54 PM
I have these. Good product :thumb:

TrailHunter
10-25-2017, 04:03 PM

Is it simply for clearance gains or did your jeep actually handle better after installed?

WJCO
10-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Is it simply for clearance gains or did your jeep actually handle better after installed?

Main gain for these is if you are doing a drag link flip. This way you don't have to drill out the old knuckle and put in an insert (the Rancho knuckles are pre-drilled from top down), however, these knuckles will cost you more. And you still have to buy a raised track bar bracket regardless. 2nd reason is clearance gains, it's moves the tie rod up 1.5 inches.

In my case, I was doing a custom axle swap and had to do a drag link flip anyways. Going from a WJ axle to a JK, I had no knuckles to even install, so I had to buy JK knuckles anyways, so I went with these. My Jeep handles much better and has a way better steering radius than my previous axle, but that could be due to a number of variables.

Rancho
10-25-2017, 04:18 PM
I think you started a pattern, I know see the JK axle under TJ's and LJ's often now, with these knuckles!

TrailHunter
10-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Main gain for these is if you are doing a drag link flip. This way you don't have to drill out the old knuckle and put in an insert (the Rancho knuckles are pre-drilled from top down), however, these knuckles will cost you more. And you still have to buy a raised track bar bracket regardless. 2nd reason is clearance gains, it's moves the tie rod up 1.5 inches.

In my case, I was doing a custom axle swap and had to do a drag link flip anyways. Going from a WJ axle to a JK, I had no knuckles to even install, so I had to buy JK knuckles anyways, so I went with these. My Jeep handles much better and has a way better steering radius than my previous axle, but that could be due to a number of variables.

Got it... I thought you put them on your JK... makes sense with the WJ Axle swap.. good info. Thanks.

Rancho
10-25-2017, 04:23 PM
Also another cost that should be considered is new ball joints too, since you are already tearing it down, replace those with Dynatracs, Rare Parts, Synergy, etc.

WJCO
10-25-2017, 04:27 PM
The color sure compliments the ProRock well, too :D