synergy track bar relocation U bolt

TonyViv

Ok so Im up under the jeep today changing oil, greasing everything up and checking bolts. I forget about the 30 foot lbs of the U bolt on the synergy relocation bracket. I give it a few more turns and it snaps.. Of course Synergy is closed, Ill try calling them in the morning copperstate nut and bolt is closed for the weekend. I went to about 10 other places and couldn't find one. Either the diameter of the ubolt is too small with the right length or proper diameter is too short..... I ended up with a muffler clamp ubolt but its barely long enough.... the threaded part of the ubolt barely makes it to the edge of the nut, not sticking out 1/2 in like the old one...... plus its for a muffler I doubt its strong enough take the stress of the steering.

Any ideas on where to get one?? Or does anyone know the exact size so I can search amazon? 1.125 radius x 4 in long on the synergy website doesn't help in the search...
Anyone in Phoenix want to burn it on for me?

I don't trust that ubolt and of course I need it for work sunday??

Thanks in advance

Tony

duktrx

Well the u-bolt from my jks drag link flip kit is listed as, 3/8 x 2-3/4 x 3-3/4. And the u-bolt from my rear track bar bracket is listed as just listed as M14 u-bolt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TonyViv

Im asking about the one for the front that raises the track bar and you install the drag link flip at the same time

Thanks

Tony

TheGrendel

this is one of the reason's it is recommended to have brackets welded on no matter the company that makes it.

upnover

If you can't find one I would just pull it and reinstall in stock position. you will get some mad bump steer but at least you know its safe.

TonyViv

it worked out... Grainger was closed Copperstate had the same issue, right size but not long enough. Went to fleet pride it was cheap muffler clamp. Called a local off road shop, they didn't have anything but he directed me to a trailer place that happened to be open on Saturday. Went there and he custom cut and bent one on the spot. Grade 5 American steel (he made fun of the Chinese steel piece I had) with new washers and lock nuts.... I got an extra for a spare 11$ out the door in 10 minutes..
Quite an adventure this morning from one end of the city to the other but Im back in business.. !!!
Tony

jeeeep

Hooked
it worked out... Grainger was closed Copperstate had the same issue, right size but not long enough. Went to fleet pride it was cheap muffler clamp. Called a local off road shop, they didn't have anything but he directed me to a trailer place that happened to be open on Saturday. Went there and he custom cut and bent one on the spot. Grade 5 American steel (he made fun of the Chinese steel piece I had) with new washers and lock nuts.... I got an extra for a spare 11$ out the door in 10 minutes..
Quite an adventure this morning from one end of the city to the other but Im back in business.. !!!
Tony

that's great! :thumb:

Top Bottom