Switching tie rods

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So I bought the ruff stuff tie rod and ended up bending it and the tre are bad. So I was thinking of switching to synergy or rock krawler.

My question is with me drilling the knuckle for the one ton tre. Does anyone know if synergy has insert for the tie rod? Can I use the ones for the draglink? Or re use the ones that came with ruff stuff tie rod?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I always thought the Ruff Stuff tie-rod was a better option compared to the 2 you are looking at now. If you were able to bend it, I might recommend you spend a bit more and look at a Currie. It's what I had been running on Rubicat before getting an XD60.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I run Fusion 4x4 tie rod with 2.5ton TREs form rare parts. Pretty stout tie rod, aluminum comes back to true when hit or bent. As mentioned if you hitting hard enough to bend your tie rod, you should look for something more heavy duty. They fit factory tapers without any modifications.
IMG_5545.jpg
IMG_5539.jpg
IMG_5543.jpg

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Well maybe I’ll just order another tie rod from ruff stuff since they have a special going on. It is almost one third of the price of the others.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well maybe I’ll just order another tie rod from ruff stuff since they have a special going on. It is almost one third of the price of the others.

Just a thought but if it's just a third of the price and it bent... maybe you're getting what you pay for :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is true. It is dom like all the others. I think they’ll all bend eventually. Did you run the $300 or $700 currie?

Back in the day, the $700 currie was the only one they had and so, that's what I ran on Rubicat. Mine never bent but then, I never wheel my Jeeps. I wouldn't hesitate to run the $300 one.

aTX427

Back in the day, the $700 currie was the only one they had and so, that's what I ran on Rubicat. Mine never bent but then, I never wheel my Jeeps. I wouldn't hesitate to run the $300 one.

What do you have on Rubicat now? I have the stock drag link with the Dynatrac adjuster and the Dynatrac clamps either hit the sway disconnect housing or the PSC clamp with the driver side stuffed.

Top Bottom