JKU’16 Rubicon Overheating

ajesparza

Hi! I have a 2016 JKU Rubicon and I am experiencing overheating during on-road inclines. I’m currently running 4:10 gears, 35” tires & factory tune. I’m noticing the Jeep struggles to find gears (auto transmission) and pings around 3,500 - 4,000 rpms at 60 mph. The engine temperature reaches 230 - 240 degrees. Is this normal? Should I be considering re-gearing, aftermarket tunes, auxiliary fans, etc.? I only have 12,500 miles and would like your opinion on next steps. Thank you!

benatc1

Hooked
Pretty normal for the temp gauge to go from 1/2-3/4s like that. As long as it always comes back down to normal I’d say your ok. As far as the auto trans, might be worth a tire size calibration to find the right gear, but my 16 with 4.88s and 37s was quick to find a low gear on longer grades which kept the temp going up, never got about 3/4s tho

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Make sure your high speed fan is working and that there's no mud/bugs built up on your condenser and radiator fins.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
I assume when you say pings you mean pegs? If that’s the case then yes with the pentastar and the temp gauge on a heavy incline that is normal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom