Going in to dealer tomorrow

Skid_Kid

Does the dealer your going to sell AEV products? What are you getting done at the dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Moochie

I know that with a Superchip programmer you have to return it to stock if there is any chance the dealership will scan your Jeep. If not, you will be locked out of the programmer.

TheDuff

I know that with a Superchip programmer you have to return it to stock if there is any chance the dealership will scan your Jeep. If not, you will be locked out of the programmer.

Really? That's some BS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prime8

It's only if they flash the ECM. Just tell the service person to stress to the mechanic not to flash your ECM and you'll be fine.

Moochie

The scan tool will over ride the programmers settings so that the next time you use it, the programmer won't recognize the VIN. If this happens with a Superchip you can contact them and they will send you an unlock code for $100.00

silverbackjk

The scan tool will over ride the programmers settings so that the next time you use it, the programmer won't recognize the VIN. If this happens with a Superchip you can contact them and they will send you an unlock code for $100.00

So I should flash my procal to stock.

Moochie

I'm also going on to start a oil consumption log. How much oil was yours burning between oil changes?

When I started my first test I was using about 3 quarts per 1000 miles. Chrysler says 1 quart per 1000 miles is in the acceptable range. After their head replacement fix didn't work and me driving it for another 3000 miles or so, it is using about 2 quarts per 125 miles.

I'm hoping they get it right this time.

Moochie

Haha could you actually see it smoking?

I never noticed it smoking until it got really bad. People behind me commented on seeing a puff when it downshifted. At its worst, when ever I stepped on it, I could see it in my mirror, even at night when lights were shinning at the rear. The catalytic converter will scrub away a lot of the smoke early in the addiction. It probably needs to be replaced also.

silverbackjk

I never noticed it smoking until it got really bad. People behind me commented on seeing a puff when it downshifted. At its worst, when ever I stepped on it, I could see it in my mirror, even at night when lights were shinning at the rear. The catalytic converter will scrub away a lot of the smoke early in the addiction. It probably needs to be replaced also.

Well I wish you and your sick jeep the best. Next time I'm in so cal I hope I can get together with some of you guys. I was there last week and was hopping suds n grubs would be then but it was this week.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Top Bottom