PDA

View Full Version : Axle alley, Florence Junction, AZ?

highoctane
02-15-2012, 07:07 AM
Has anyone here ran Axle Alley in Florence Junction, AZ? I'm looking at possibly running that trail this weekend and was curious what anyone though of it in a JK? I'm on 37" MT/R Kevlars, beadlocks, teraflex longarms, 3" springs, Evo rocker skins ansd control arms skids are my only skid plates. It's rated at a 5. Has what looks to be 2 steep waterfalls. I'm new to wheeling out west and kinda not sure what I'd be getting into.

wayoflife
02-15-2012, 09:40 PM
haven't had the pleasure of doing any trails out in the florence junction area but, it sure is on my to do list. wish i could join ya on this one.

highoctane
02-15-2012, 09:47 PM
I might head down there Sat with a local Jeep or two to explore and see what the trails look like. The first waterfall looks steep!

WOH111
02-16-2012, 02:18 AM
Have not done that one yet. But did Box Canyon on 2/5 with 8 other jeeps. It was a nice run, had a couple of obstacles. I did the easier side, ( still running stock ). It is between Florence and Florence Jct. Off Hwy 79. There is also the Coke Ovens and Martinez Canyon near by. Will fill up a day. Have fun.

highoctane
02-17-2012, 12:04 AM
Well I'll be running Axle Alley and H2H Sat. I'll take pics and post them up. Should be some fun trails.

wildandwillin
02-17-2012, 02:41 AM
Well I'll be running Axle Alley and H2H Sat. I'll take pics and post them up. Should be some fun trails.

Cant wait to see them, maybe i will go over this summer and wheel with ya;)

wayoflife
02-17-2012, 03:39 PM
looking forward to the trail report and pics :clap2:

RDE2ROK
02-21-2012, 06:57 AM
I have been to FJ a couple of times but not Axle Alley. (YET) Upper & lower Woodpecker and Martinez Cabin are fun. Box canyon is an Awesome trail. Its easy but beautiful!!:thumb:

highoctane
02-21-2012, 08:35 AM
I have been to FJ a couple of times but not Axle Alley. (YET) Upper & lower Woodpecker and Martinez Cabin are fun. Box canyon is an Awesome trail. Its easy but beautiful!!:thumb:

I limped out box canyon to prince with a snapped front track bar, scenic and easy trail. Hoping to make it back out there sometime w/o the carnage.

TeamFaust
02-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I limped out box canyon to prince with a snapped front track bar, scenic and easy trail. Hoping to make it back out there sometime w/o the carnage.

Bummer -- sorry to hear...sounds like time for an HD upgrade :yup:

highoctane
02-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Bummer -- sorry to hear...sounds like time for an HD upgrade :yup:

Ironic thing is, it was a Teraflex Monster HD front track bar.