Starting of clutch issues?

black pearl

Hooked
The other evening I was sitting in the jeep, with it running and noticed a new noise. It was like a vibration chatter. This was with it in neutral, when I gave it a touch of throttle, it would get more aggressive then go away(still not very loud). So I pushed in the clutch and it stopped making the noise, release the clutch and started again. Then this morning I go to leave my house, and it felt a little like the clutch slipped a bit. Only the first two stop signs. Every thing felt normal after that.

It's a 2016 with 22,xxx miles
Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tinyten

Anyone have any reccomendations for good replacement clutches? I know go mopar oem for the throwout bearing, I've also heard alot of bad about centerforce with people saying they grab really hard and they went back to stock.

rich67

Caught the Bug
Mine was doing that for ages (2013 now with 56000 miles). I learned to live with it. It comes and goes, and right now, it isn't noticeable.I had them replace the throwout a couple times under warranty, and the issue kept coming back. My slave finally went out and I ended up getting that replaced. After that, all was quiet. My transmission is just plain NOISY. It now chatters and makes a metallic fin-on metal fin type noise when I idle, regardless of whether or not the clutch is depressed. It shifts fine, runs great otherwise, but this is one of the reasons my next Jeep will be an auto.

Top Bottom